What have you been watching on (proper scripted) telly?

Dynamite Duane

• Paid Members

Anyone bothered with the new season of American Crime Story?

While I enjoyed the first couple of episodes, it's dragged a little in the 3rd and 4th.

Mainly because they spend time focusing on Andrew Cunanan and the murders he did before he offed Versace, which is fair enough, but despite all the murdering and stuff, it's a little dull. Darren Criss is suitably creepy throughout, but meh.

Edited by ColinBollocks

What's people's non spoilerific opinions on The Killing? I've finished the first two series and at times I just contemplated giving up  and reading the spoilers on wiki. It does have it's moments but so far it falls in to The Walking Dead/WWW category of watching it because it' occasionally very good.

The third season has Peter Sarsgard in it, this can only be a good thing, right?

1 minute ago, Mr_Danger said:

What's people's non spoilerific opinions on The Killing? I've finished the first two series and at times I just contemplated giving up  and reading the spoilers on wiki. It does have it's moments but so far it falls in to The Walking Dead/WWW category of watching it because it' occasionally very good.

The third season has Peter Sarsgard in it, this can only be a good thing, right?

I gave up on the US version a couple of episodes into season 3. It just got really boring.

20 hours ago, SpursRiot2012 said:

God, it was awesome, wasn't it?

To think how that show ended :(

Having said that, I have never re-watched LOST since it aired. Perhaps it's time.

I always think about rewatching it, especially as the missus has never seen it. I might do it then stop at the end of the third season and pretend that's how it all ended.

I dismissed it at the time as middle class faff, and whilst it is that, I just watched all 3 series of Catastrophe in 3 days. Not a hard thing admittedly as they're only half an hour long, but I really enjoyed this, and it really surprised me. Very funny, very well written, nice pathos where needed, Delaney is so likeable and watchable, and both him and Horgan come off as very natural, as if they're not acting at all, which makes sense seeing as it's quite semi-auto biographical.

Some of it is laughable (when they need to 'downsize') and I get the sense that lots of middle class, London based parents would be watching going "Oh my god, you TOTALLY do that" or similar, but to be honest I found myself doing that as well. Oh and Sharon Horgan is the newest addition to the 'Unconventional Hottie Thread". What a babe.

Just started watching Series 3 of Love and if

Mickey and Gus don't stay together by the end of this series then I am jumping off a fucking bridge

• Paid Members

Has anyone watched Season 8 (the most recent season) of The Walking Dead? I’ve just watched episode one and I really don’t think I can take any more of this show. But I’ll stick with it if it gets better! 

Ok, so finished Series 3 of Love last night, and genuinely loved it. Different vibe to the other two series, but that's no bad thing. Claudia O'Doherty as Bertie is great as always, but Gillian Jacobs is the absolute stand out. Hopefully she'll be recognised for the way she's played a fairly complex character over 3 series.

The show ends on a very sweet moment, and that's pretty much it I think for the series unless a few years pass and they do a follow up, but now I'm panicking that Gus will find out one day that Mickey slept with Dustin, and that saddens me.

Oh, and there's a bunch of wrestlers in one episode. I spotted Christoper Daniels, Brodus Clay and I think, Gail Kim

• 3 weeks later...
  • Paid Members

Roseanne is back. 18 million viewers it got. Completely shattered all expectations of what people thought a Roseanne revival would get. Proper Raw 1000 style nostalgia rating I imagine.

And it was actually quite decent. Jackie is still funny, and the scenes with Roseanne's grandson who is going to school is girls clothes is quite sweet. John Goodman is such a good actor. He just plays the sweet but slightly backward old fat bloke so well.

• Paid Members
36 minutes ago, SpursRiot2012 said:

The only report I saw on the Rosanne revival was from The Hill and they were focusing on how Rosanne, in show as well as in real life, is a Trump supporter. How does that go?

The story is that Roseanne has bought into Trump's bullshit and has fallen out with her sister over it. They only reference once or twice, though. They seem to be done with it. It's definitely not shoving it in your face or anything, which is a relief.

Edited by IANdrewDiceClay

• Moderators
8 hours ago, Merzbow said:

I had no idea there was a new series!

I've been loving Atlanta recently, binged the first season and caught up on the second. It's easily up there as one of my fav US comedies.

I didn't know there was a second series of Atlanta! Sweet.