What have you been watching on (proper scripted) telly?

Dynamite Duane

• Paid Members

@johnnyboy I get the trepidation. House of Cards got right ropey for a bit, for example. However, they did such an excellent job with this and I'd be gutted if we don't get to see where they're going, seeing as there are so many questions and all the characters are so well written and (mostly) well acted.

One of the finest seasons of telly ever. So good, I've almost finished watching it a second time.

Edited by ColinBollocks

• Paid Members

The Orville has been renewed for a second season by Fox. It really has got a lot better week-to-week, dropping lots of the fairly bad humour and going pretty straight with the show, for the most part. So I'm glad to have another season.

• Chest Rockwell changed the title to What have you been watching on (proper scripted) telly?
  • Paid Members

The last couple of episodes of Nathan for you have been unbelievable, the people he finds (like the shell spokesman and the singer of the band) are something else. I could barely watch when cyberguy was explaining his business to the first customer and I can't believe the asexual guy was called Randy.

1 hour ago, Call me Bellend said:

The last couple of episodes of Nathan for you have been unbelievable, the people he finds (like the shell spokesman and the singer of the band) are something else. I could barely watch when cyberguy was explaining his business to the first customer and I can't believe the asexual guy was called Randy.

As I mentioned a page or so back, The Anecdote is one of the best things I have ever seen on TV. Just absolute genius. His absolute highpoint.

I was distracted by the singer in the Smoke Detector episode as he was just so fucking beautiful. Unfairly so.

• Paid Members

NExt Week's Red Dwarf appears to have some kind of thinly veiled dig at consumerism hamfistedly shoehorned in. Because what Red Dwarf needed was social commentary.

Finished Stranger Things 2

My god Steve is the man. He was a yuppy coward in season 1 until he did his about turn at Winona Ryders shit tip house and made his glorious comeback with his baseball bat and ever since then he's gone from strength to strength. I mean are we meant to be rooting for him in the love triangle because i know i am.  As for his rival, his real rival Billy not the weirdo brother, what a heel! These two would sell out the territories for sure. If he hits Nancy and Mikes hot mum in season 3 whilst Where's Wally sleeps I'm changing sexualities.

I think Dustin is my favourite kid but that Eleven sure can act. Hopper needed to punch more people and I'm not sure i can forgive him for first sending fat Sean Astin off on his own but then leaving him to die. Last season Hopper would have went with him then punched the Demordogs in the face. He's still the top hero though, and that hat grab!