What have you been watching on (proper scripted) telly?

Dynamite Duane

• Paid Members

On Vice Principals: I'm rewatching the first season before moving onto the second. I really like this show. So I thought I'd check out some reviews from season one and was surprised to see critics really had problems with it. The main issue seems to be that the critics reckon two angry white guys trying to take down an African American woman in power is problematic. It's like they missed the whole point. 

Did the critics change their mind on it or what? 

With so many brilliant TV shows that I have never seen (including The Wire), I decided to watch all 4 episodes of The Apprentice today. I haven't watched it in years, hate everything about it, HATE Alan Sugar but yeah, I watched them. (Mainly as I saw there was something football related in the latest episode)

Anyway, Elizabeth is a classic TV heel and well worth watching it for. One of the least self aware people I've ever seen on it, and that's saying something.

Oh, and for fans of Nathan For You, one of the episodes in Series 4 is award worthy, The Anecdote. Glorious glorious TV. Seek it out.

Really? I think Elizabeth is the most non Apprentice people they've got this year and they all hate her because she doesn't speak in buzzwords. I like to think Jade is a massive racist and that's why she hates the black girl. Paedo Harry Potter is slime. 

• Paid Members

I would love to see the intro to Vice Principles on IMAX.  It just seems too big for TV.

Man Downs back.  Line of the week - “Venison Bukkake”

48 minutes ago, Keith Houchen said:

Really? I think Elizabeth is the most non Apprentice people they've got this year and they all hate her because she doesn't speak in buzzwords. I like to think Jade is a massive racist and that's why she hates the black girl. Paedo Harry Potter is slime. 

Oh absolutely, she's an anti-Apprentice character, but she's fascinating.

Paedo Harry Potter!!! :D Did you see the Football Cliches Twitter account comparing them all with what they'd do in football? So funny, I'll try and find them as the one for him was so funny.

Edit: https://twitter.com/FootballCliches/status/915661783519711232

Edited by SuperBacon

Valley Cops on BBC Iplayer. Its the new The Scheme but this one is set in South Wales.

Burglars being identified by the size of their nose, police advocating vigilantism, more dodgy sportswear than a Sports Direct catalogue, police using whoever the locals are blaming on Facebook to arrest people... Its like Trailer Park Boys more than your average police show. Must watch telly.

• Paid Members
11 hours ago, Keith Houchen said:

She doesn't fit the cookie cutter "apprentice candidate" mould, but she is quite the heel. She didn't half spin some lies and misremember some stuff this week. I still can't get over how piss poor the candidates appear to be. I can't decide whether it's genuine ineptitude or the way the show's edited. I think as the numbers thin out they'll probably get more time to shine.

• Paid Members

Elizabeth and the one with all the botox and the eyebrows that got booted this week will be in Celebrity Big Brother next time round. Assuming there is a next time round as I'm sure I heard somewhere C5 were looking to bin Big Brother. 

I still can't get over how piss poor the candidates appear to be. I can't decide whether it's genuine ineptitude or the way the show's edited. I think as the numbers thin out they'll probably get more time to shine.

I think it's pretty clear that these days they pick maybe two or three who have business plans that Sugar would actually have an interest in investing in and then prioritise 'characters' over people with an actual real future in business. I might apply next year with some wacky business idea, gell my hair far too much, apply and then 'character' my way into appearances on various reality TV shows for the next decade. Or become a hate mongering fuck head with a devoted following of fellow hate mongering fuck heads and do sporadic spots on Fox News. 

Edited by SpursRiot2012