What have you been watching on (proper scripted) telly?

Dynamite Duane

• Paid Members
57 minutes ago, D@mm said:

Damm I was hoping to watch them all the way through, thanks for the heads up though Jazzy.

I was in HMV the other day and I saw they had a box set of some of the earlier series on DVD. 

Would Drama channel attract many viewers anyway, I will say that the latest episodes of The Bill are better so hopefully they will keep playing them in order, I can always find a way to watch the old episodes afterwards, I do miss me a bit of Ted Roache though.

• Paid Members
7 hours ago, wordsfromlee said:

Motherland on BBC2 is brilliant. One of the best comedy's they've done for a while. Written by Graham Linehan, his wife Helen, Holly Walsh and Sharon Horgan. Diane Morgan is hilarious in it.

I think I'm going to have to iPlayer that either tonight or tomorrow. Sounds intriguing.

• Paid Members

The final Red Dwarf of the series is good. Some good jokes, interesting premise, nice cameos. There are some glaring omissions from the show's history, but it was by far the best episode of the series.

• Paid Members
20 hours ago, jazzygeofferz said:

The final Red Dwarf of the series is good. Some good jokes, interesting premise, nice cameos. There are some glaring omissions from the show's history, but it was by far the best episode of the series.

Yeah, I really enjoyed it. Obviously loads of fan service but, at this point, that's what Red Dwarf should be since it doesn't appear that Naylor or the cast are interested in putting in hard work to produce new, compelling episodes.

Honestly, I'd have been OK with that episode as the end of the whole series.

• Moderators

I finished Stranger Things 2 last night. All in all, really excellent. The finale was note perfect.

I wasn't wild about the Eleven solo episode though. I get that it was for her character's progression, but it still felt a bit tangential and unnecessary for the story being told.

Did anyone else see the Barbelith graffiti in the gang's den? A passing nod to The Invisibles or an clue to the true origin of the creatures?

I started watching those beyond stranger things episodes after. Some fun stuff in there.. Far from essential viewing but good for a little comedown when you're still on the high of watching the show.

• Paid Members

In response to Chest...

Rumour has it the purpose of the Eleven episode is more likely to develop her sister's character for a spin-off. Which makes sense, because as you say it doesn't really make much difference to the show as a whole.

• Paid Members
15 hours ago, SpursRiot2012 said:

Yeah, I really enjoyed it. Obviously loads of fan service but, at this point, that's what Red Dwarf should be since it doesn't appear that Naylor or the cast are interested in putting in hard work to produce new, compelling episodes.

Honestly, I'd have been OK with that episode as the end of the whole series.

I think it was because it wasn't trying to convey some kind of satirical message as well. It was just being an episode of Red Dwarf.

On 10/11/2017 at 11:06 PM, jazzygeofferz said:

Yep definitely the best of this series. Spoiler just in case no ones seen the finale yet.

I thought we'd see a multi verse where he became Ace Rimmer since if he's going into different universes in theory Ace should have made an appearance where he's successful etc. Good to see Holly, the Captain etc. I think if they stuck more to the story things would have made more sense. Also the MJ jokes were eye roll worthy. It seemed like they dusted off an old script for those. But apart from that it was a good episode. If they continue with RD they should set things up for a conclusion. Unless they leave it in limbo so you make your own assumption for an ending. Ideally they should bring back Chrissy so she ends up with Dave, they find someone for Cat, Kryten joins up with the robots in the Silicona episode again similar to when he rebelled and drove a motorbike or he finds Camille again. For Rimmer he becomes human again and an officer and they manage to find a tear in the space time continuum and go back to Earth. A bit predictable type endings but for a final series they should try and tie up any loose ends

• Paid Members
On 11/10/2017 at 12:12 AM, D@mm said:

Would Drama channel attract many viewers anyway, I will say that the latest episodes of The Bill are better so hopefully they will keep playing them in order, I can always find a way to watch the old episodes afterwards, I do miss me a bit of Ted Roache though.

I looked this up and surprisingly it's a fairly high-rated channel. They average just short of 2 million people watching something on the channel each day, the third highest (after Dave and Sky 1) of the channels that aren't BBC/ITV/C4/C5 and their offshoots.

• Paid Members
On 09/11/2017 at 8:58 PM, wordsfromlee said:

Motherland on BBC2 is brilliant. One of the best comedy's they've done for a while. Written by Graham Linehan, his wife Helen, Holly Walsh and Sharon Horgan. Diane Morgan is hilarious in it.

Best new comedy I’ve seen for years.  The world of animals had me in tears, and the subtle kid vomiting on the window in the background.  Amazing start.