What have you been watching on (proper scripted) telly?

Dynamite Duane

Season two of Fargo is in the bag, possibly better than the first.  Thought Patrick Wilson was fantastic and Hamzee was a right badass.  Only thing I didn't like was the

UFO bits

but it didn't really detract from anything.  Season three is on Netflix in January so I'm looking forward to that.

• Paid Members
26 minutes ago, Keith Houchen said:

Season two of Fargo is in the bag, possibly better than the first.  Thought Patrick Wilson was fantastic and Hamzee was a right badass.  Only thing I didn't like was the

Reveal hidden contents

UFO bits

but it didn't really detract from anything.  Season three is on Netflix in January so I'm looking forward to that.

Yeah, I watched it when it came out and agree with all of your points there Keith. Still, as you say it was a brilliant season. Looking forward to season 3.

On 12/21/2017 at 2:23 PM, tiger_rick said:

I've still got the last two Detectorists to watch. I'm deliberately delaying them because when they're watched, I'll never get that anticipation back! I can't recall the last new TV show I've loved as much as this. There have been several this decade that I really like, Friday Night Dinner and Car Share for instance, but Detectorists I just love.

I echo this adoration. There's so much love poured in to the show, it's as pure as TV gets. I've got my American friends to watch it, they love it too which is fun as it's such a British show.

Oh and same here Keith, didn't care for that part but it would have taken a lot more to ruin the season. I thought Dunst was perfect, even more perfect than that time she was a cheerleader.

On 12/21/2017 at 2:30 PM, Kaz Hayashi said:

I really need to give it another go rick. I watched the first 3 episodes, then got side tracked from it for a while and forgot about it. I really enjoyed what I saw if it.

Make sure you do. It's genuinely the most stunning piece of TV I have seen in a long time. I watched the Series 3 finale about 5 times before it went off the iplayer.

2 hours ago, Merzbow said:

A TV adaptation of Romper Stomper came out today in Australia, no idea if we'll get it over here but it's up on all the usual piratey places.

All over that, thanks. I think my life long love affair with Russell Crowe started then (I know). It's a genuinely unsettling film.

• Paid Members
2 hours ago, SuperBacon said:

All over that, thanks. I think my life long love affair with Russell Crowe started then (I know). It's a genuinely unsettling film.

I think it was possibly the first film (that wasn’t in dads top drawer).. that made me feel dirty to be a human.

I even bought the Romper Stomper soundtrack.  Fuck knows why.

I'm halfway through that Unabomber thing on Netflix, it's really good.  Paul Bettany is really good, the scenes with him and Sam Worthington are the best thing about it,  and The Noth plays his role excellently. Watch it, nerds.

• Paid Members

I've started watching Still Game again and think I have found it funnier second time around. Without going all 'This song is ALL ABOUT ME', I do think it really hits quite a profound level in what the relationship is like between two best friends, obviously while being incredibly funny while at it. At a time when I am increasingly finding main characters on TV utterly dislikable, it's very pleasant to have two who you can root for again.