What have you been watching on (proper scripted) telly?

Dynamite Duane

• Paid Members
18 hours ago, Chest Rockwell said:

I watched the first couple episodes on the strength of the comments in here. It's ok; nothing amazing. Diane Morgan is obviously the best thing about it.

Re-watch it in about 5 years when the school run kicks in.  It will be a hell of a lot funnier.

• Paid Members

Two episodes in and really enjoying Motherland. Very different to what I expected, a lot more understated, but Diane Morgan is absolutely brilliant. And the World of Animals bloke being racist was a great gag.

• Moderators

Seth Rogen has a new tv show called Future Man. I haven't watched it yet, but it looks fun. This post is really just a warning - I watched the trailer and I thought it gave away too much. I would say that if you know you want to check it out anyway and like to go in fresh, avoid the trailer for sure.

• Paid Members

Godless is as good as others are saying. Particularly the very end was absolutely beautiful. Some of performances are bordering on excellent.

It is very much a 2017 western, with feminism, LGBT and integration very much at the front, which may have felt like it belied the time period, if the writing and acting wasn't so strong. Thankfully, it all leads to a brilliant finale and adds another wrinkle to the genre.

Edited by ColinBollocks

I've been watching Ronnie O'Sullivan's American Hustle on YouTube. Ronnie travelling around the states, different city each episode, playing pool and trying to hustle locals while learning about the history of the city. A travesty that most of them have never heard of Ron before. I also hate that Americans say "snukah".

Godless was excellent I thought. The lad O'Connell is a serious talent. I've only really seen him in a few things but between this and Starred Up he proves himself to be one of those actors who demands the viewers full attention. Most of the cast are really good tbf, Jeff Daniels does ok but he has  a lot to work with and doesn't exactly blow you away.

• Paid Members

I re-watched Harry Brown recently and thought he was really good in it, haven't seen Starred Up or '71- which were his breakthrough performances. Worth watching? They seem to be highly rated.

Edited by PunkStep

2 hours ago, PunkStep said:

I re-watched Harry Brown recently and thought he was really good in it, haven't seen Starred Up or '71- which were his breakthrough performances. Worth watching? They seem to be highly rated.

Not seen '71 but Starred Up is well worth checking out. Ben Mendelsohn is in it too if that sways you.