What have you been watching on (proper scripted) telly?

Dynamite Duane

• Paid Members

I discovered Still Game on honeymoon. Our hotel in Italy had BBC Scotland and it came on after Eastenders (I mean sex, lots and lots of honeymoon sex). I've always loved it. Give it a rewatch at least once a year. It's had some weak stories at times, mainly when the peripheral characters get too much attention, but otherwise, I've always liked it. Thought the return was strong too.

My favourite episode is probably the one about the giant superstore ruining Navid's business. Navid's monologue in the pub after he sacks Isa is fantastic telly. And I love the gag "He said, et tu, Isa. i never ate two o' nothing".

• Paid Members

Still Game is brilliant. A mate and I spent a chunk of our student life playing FM, eating bacon fries and watching Still Game constantly - I was single for a long time. It's got a lovely mix of easy to watch warmth and brilliantly fleshed out characters. Some of the little details are so spot on to sections of working class Scotland and some people you encounter.
After watching their return live show, I was proper nervous the comeback series would be similarly rubbish, but I thought it was one of their strongest. Can't wait for the new one. Apparently they've finished it, they're just waiting for the BBC to release it.

I've watched most of The Good Place. I really thought the first season was tremendous, with Ted Danson once again being great. It's genuinely very funny too and the characters are all pretty spot on. I've still got a few episodes to go of the 2nd season (I'm week-to-week now), but I've found some of the episodes to drag a little - good, just not as strong as the first.

Edited by ColinBollocks

Watching latter day Seinfeld episodes. I think it pretty much got better and better right up until the very end.

The finale episodes were a slog, but apart from that, they're just so fun to watch and have so many memorable moments: "Festivus"; "Two-Face"; "Manhands"; "MANDELBAUM!" etc.

Even the much-maligned Puerto Rican Day Parade has several memorable moments including the meeting of Jerry, Kramer and George's alter egos.

Such a fantastically written show. Virtually every character, no matter how minor, is so memorable and richly written.

Can't believe Seinfeld turned down millions per episode to do a tenth season, though with the money they bring in through syndication it's not like he needs it.

• Paid Members

Netflix and Co have announced a full 2 season remit for the Sabrina part of their Archie comics universe. Absolutely buzzing for it. More so that they've announced Kiernan Shipka of Mad Men in the title role. 

What's peoples thoughts on Riverdale currently? Season two has been very much season two of everything dropping off in quality but the writing and direction of it as well as a lot of the acting performances are putting it more in a Breaking Bad territory of good TV than Vampire Diaries or the OC. 

• Moderators
On 01/01/2018 at 2:54 PM, Merzbow said:

A TV adaptation of Romper Stomper came out today in Australia, no idea if we'll get it over here but it's up on all the usual piratey places.

Burned through the first 3 episodes of this tonight. Its pretty great. I wish I'd rewatched the movie right before, because it's a direct continuation by the original writer/director, with returning characters, so if you're planning to see it, pop the film on first.

5 hours ago, Merzbow said:

I found the Black Hood arc (which I highly doubt is over) of Riverdale to be very hit and miss compared to the first season but Cheryl Blossom makes it worth watching, good lord she's attractive.

The show needs more dark Betty.

• Paid Members
On 08/01/2018 at 12:25 AM, Astro Hollywood said:

Burned through the first 3 episodes of this tonight. Its pretty great. I wish I'd rewatched the movie right before, because it's a direct continuation by the original writer/director, with returning characters, so if you're planning to see it, pop the film on first.

Was planning to chuck this on over the weekend, so ta for the heads up.

17 hours ago, Keith Houchen said:

Wrong thread.

(-39 rep!!!!!)

-41 now. 

(Probably be minus -41+ as this one will be disliked too)

I don't think the reputation tool is very reliable as people just dislike your posts if they dislike the poster. Nothing about my previous post in here was to like or dislike, either you watched the programme or didn't, if you did you can contribute. Isn't that how forums work?