What have you been watching on (proper scripted) telly?

Dynamite Duane

On 9/10/2017 at 1:21 PM, Keith Houchen said:

Watched the first episode of Its always sunny in Philadelphia last night.  Thought it was really good, looking forward to the rest of it now. It was a real easy watch and at 22 minutes really easy to consume.

ive never heard it mentioned on here so you can thank Kool Keith for having his finger on the pulse and introducing you to a new show.

I started about a week ago, and have just reached Series 5. Such a fucking funny show. I just really want to give Charlie a great big hug and make sure he's always OK.

• Paid Members
1 hour ago, BomberPat said:

If Popbitch is to be believed, Rob Beckett is currently the BBC's golden boy because they see him as "visibly working class", and they're worried that too much of their output doesn't appeal to Leave voters.

His "character" in this pilot voted in. Oops.

• Paid Members
On 19/09/2017 at 10:51 PM, PunkStep said:

Tommy, if you like Black Mirror but need a lift, watch the episode San Junipero from series 3. It's absolutely beautiful  and one of the best episodes of TV I've ever watched.

The episode also just won two Emmys this week, totally deserved.

I've cried every time I've watched it.

I've read good things about that one, and it's one of two noted for either being light or happy in some way. That said I want to watch them in order for no rationale reason and only because of bizarre compulsion. 

• Paid Members

Has anyone else noticed the inclusion of “Fucks” in US basic cable shows?  Heard a few in Blood Drive which is Sy Fi, then The Mist which is Spike, and now American Horror Story from FX.  How long till we get titties?

• Paid Members
32 minutes ago, PunkStep said:

That's HBO though, which I'm assuming is different as they aren't one of the 'big 4' mainstream TV networks.

That’s right, the paid channels like HBO, Showtime and Starz have always had a good scattering of fucks and cunts.  Also the occasional twat, but they pronounce it “twot”, silly colonials.  The basic cables have always shyd against it. I remember when South Park did the episode where they used the word shit, and Comedy Central would only show it after midnight.