What have you been watching on (proper scripted) telly?

Dynamite Duane

• Paid Members

Blasted through American Vandal yesterday - it's a parody of Making a Murderer and Serial about a high school student expelled for spraypainting dicks on cars. Despite the puerile nature of the 'crime' I thought it was an excellent parody and I was suitably engrossed until the finale. 

DARTS SPOILERS

Apologies for posting here as I can't seem to find the darts forum.

Loving the Phil Taylor vs MVG match on BBC.  6-4 Taylor at the break just now.  Taylors' impersonation of MVG was magic.  MVG could easily simply rattle six in a row off but Taylor has employed gamesmanship alongside his amazing ability to get to MVG.

It is simply mindblowing to read that not one darts player in the had a winning head to head record against Taylor.

• Paid Members

I've started watching black mirror. It's amazing, insightful and poignant but bleak as fuck. At a time when I could do with a lift it's not helping but I can't stop putting it on and watching the next episode. 

• Paid Members

Tommy, if you like Black Mirror but need a lift, watch the episode San Junipero from series 3. It's absolutely beautiful  and one of the best episodes of TV I've ever watched.

The episode also just won two Emmys this week, totally deserved.

I've cried every time I've watched it.

• Paid Members
23 hours ago, tiger_rick said:

Watched Rob Beckett's pilot "Static". Genuinely can't remember ever watching anything worse.

It was fucking awful wasn’t it?  Who watched it at the BBC and thought it was worth putting on?

23 minutes ago, Thunderplex said:

It was fucking awful wasn’t it?  Who watched it at the BBC and thought it was worth putting on?

Probably the same people who thought shows like Mrs. Brown's Boy and Miranda are worth putting on. Although there's no chance it'll get commissioned. If this gets given a series after Goodnight Sweetheart was passed on last year, then this country will have officially gone to the dogs. 

• Paid Members

It's shows like that that make me want to write a TV pilot and pitch it. I mean, some the shit that gets on television these days. Surely I can write something passable? Did you know I came up with an idea very similar to ITVs series Job Lot, I think it was called. A sitcom based in a job centre. I even wrote a script. And then ITV gazumped me. 

Edited by SpursRiot2012