What have you been watching on (proper scripted) telly?

Dynamite Duane

• Paid Members
13 minutes ago, Kaz Hayashi said:

Hi all,

I can't log in to Netflix for whatever reason to check for myself, however, does anyone know if Attack On Titan series 2 is on the UK version?

Cheers

Nope just season 1 right now.

• Paid Members
1 minute ago, Kaz Hayashi said:

Cheers

Looks like it's on Crunchy Roll which is free on PS4 as long as you can put up with adverts.

• Paid Members

Caught the new ITV sitcom with Jack Dee in it at the weekend. Think it airs 8pm on Wednesday's so it's a "family" sitcom. It wasn't bad. A bit predictable and the country bumpkin characters were a bit predictable but Jack Dee and Kelly Godliman had decent chemistry and Dee's general miserable demenour lifted it. Not ground breaking but a nice 25 mins of telly. Particularly if you've got pre-teen kids and you struggle for stuff to watch as a family.

• Paid Members

So, I know we have a lot of Trek fans here, what did you think of Discovery?

I enjoyed it. It doesn't feel like Trek, exactly, but as I understand it - assuming it goes more than one season - they will more into the seeking out new life and new civilisations in season two. The Klingon's new look is...different. 

The first two episodes are basically a prologue, according to the producers. Like if DS9 had started with two hours of Worf 359, setting the scene and world up for what's to come.

Edited by SpursRiot2012

18 hours ago, Nick Soapdish said:

Why is this still not on in the uk?

Say you had a piano, and needed it tuned. But instead of a piano needing to be tuned, it was a Couch. So you'd Google Couch Tuner. And you should find answer for said problem*

*apologies, I never remember the linkage rules around here 

• Awards Moderator

I thought Star Trek was okay. But then all Star Trek 'pilots' are gash.

Klingons looked kinda cool but clearly struggled to talk with their bridges in. Effects were great all round. Michelle Yeoh was great, and it ended on a surprising cliffhanger. 

I'll keep watching, but I'm pessimistic. For the love of God avoid the After Trek talking heads show - the host is the most irritating thing I've ever heard. (Matt Mira?) 

• Paid Members

I thought it was interesting. Looked really nice, although there's a hell of a lot of lensflare, which did my head in at times. I looks more advanced than Enterprise, and a touch flashier than TOS, but I wonder whether it'll start leaning more towards the aesthetic of classic Trek as the series goes on, assuming it does decent enough numbers to warrant further series. There's also the idea bouncing around that following the Enterprise NCC-1701-E's involvement in Zefram Cochrane's first warp flight/those Borg being found in that episode of Enterprise (Regeneration) technological advancements ended up moving along quicker for the Federation than they would have done if the events of Star Trek: First Contact hadn't happened, and that Enterprise/Discovery happen in an alternate timeline based on those events, which is why things look quite different.

Also the different looking Klingons are from a different caste or one of the other houses that hasn't been seen in Star Trek, which is why they look so different, between that and the eugenics experiments that led to the Klingons that look like they did in TOS messing with appearances.

I'll get my coat...