What have you been watching on (proper scripted) telly?

Dynamite Duane

• Paid Members

A fuck load of CBeebies and due to this, a shit load of Justin's House. Yup, annoying twat, but credit where it's due, he's created the most disability friendly programme for kids, so fair play.

Ive just seen something else he does called 'gigglebiz', it's shit, but I appreciate the jokes and content are over my head. Anyway, he plays a couple of characters that require an occasional serious face and fuck me, he needs to play a serious detective role such as Morse. I honestly think he'd be mint.

• Paid Members

Isn't that a sketch show for kids? That's a pretty good idea. I remember there was a sketch show starring only kids several years ago, School of Comedy or something? That British actor that starred in The Revenant alongside Tom Hardy, you know the one with the weird face, he was pretty good in it.

• Paid Members
1 hour ago, PunkStep said:

Isn't that a sketch show for kids? That's a pretty good idea. I remember there was a sketch show starring only kids several years ago, School of Comedy or something? That British actor that starred in The Revenant alongside Tom Hardy, you know the one with the weird face, he was pretty good in it.

I secretly think that this Justin bloke is actually/probably a pretty good actor. 

It is indeed a sketch show for kids, and chances are 5 year olds probably think it's boss.

I'm sure there was one on CITV in the 90's called Zapp or something like that. I thought it was utter bollocks and was more of a BBC kid myself (apart from art attack and fun house and probably loads more).

Edited by Kaz Hayashi

8 hours ago, WyattSheepMask said:

Neil Buchanan was the artist character wasn't he?

He apparently also played the Handymen and Daisy Dares, which might sound hard to believe but if you go back and watch it on YouTube you'll notice it could have been anyone wearing those gloves.

• Awards Moderator

Justin Fletcher is an actual genius. He really understands toddler TV. Has made mad bank off his stuff as well, he tours the festivals, owns the DVD rights to his characters, adored by kids with and without disabilities and has a stack of ideas ready to go. His signing thing

Totally with @Kaz Hayashi that he could nail a serious role. He has that slightly creepy vibe, like Robin Williams in One Hour Photo. 

• Paid Members
1 hour ago, Onyx2 said:

He has that slightly creepy vibe, like Robin Williams in One Hour Photo. 

That's what I was thinking! He could play a child predator role very well, especially if it's a role that's a twisted version of his actual job. Of course, playing such a role would completely kill off his main career...

We took our kids to Lollibop 3 years ago, it's basically Glasto for children. It was bloody great, you had different stages much like music festivals and different tents for arts, crafts, character meets, Nintendo DS & Wii lounge and plenty of food & gift stalls. Justin was headlining the main stage and the kids LOST THEIR SHIT when he came on. It could've been Oasis headlining Glastonbury in the mid-90s.

• Paid Members
4 hours ago, Uncle Zeb said:

He apparently also played the Handymen and Daisy Dares, which might sound hard to believe but if you go back and watch it on YouTube you'll notice it could have been anyone wearing those gloves.

I just had a quick Google of the cast of Zzzap and found a Daily Express article that is quite creepy in its description of Daisy Dares: 

"Who could forget those pigtails? That yellow shirt? The tartan braces and, of course, that wicked grim(sic)? Deborah's Daisy, who only popped up in ZZZap! in series two, no doubt still haunts many, but what is she doing now?

Following appearances in drama Nervous Energy and comedy High Road, the actress also seemingly failed to go onto bigger and better things."

Apparently the Handymen were played by somebody called Sarah Pickethall. I didn't realise Sophie Aldred turned up in it as well, but if it was in later episodes I may well have missed it as I was doing my paper round.

Edited by jazzygeofferz
It actually did say "grim", not grin in the article.

• Paid Members

@Onyx2 @PunkStep He really is, I mean that Justins House programme doesn't really get past him being the the comedy silly bugger, and the high quality learning support assistant style roles. But honestly, he plays multiple characters in the gigglebiz thing and you're both spot on about the demented nutter concept. A split personality style role of carer/killer would be perfect. Or like an adult who is being bullied and then just snaps and twats a wrench around the back of the bully's head.. gets a taste for blood etc etc. 

You're right though, it would be the end of his kids show career, to which he owes his current and future fortune. 

I had a thought when watching him yesterday that he could have been an interesting character to use in Ricky Gervais Extras. The idea filming him as typical Justin in a scene with a disabled child talking about Mr Tumbles Spotty Bag... "annnd cut"... then he's this horrible bastard who hates kids and complains about how close they are to him "get your jam covered fingers off me bloody bag".

Anyway, he has two shows from what I can tell, one of them occcassionally being a live variant, he also seems to be on tour a lot. Must be the hardest working kids presenter going, I bet he's the wealthiest.