What have you been watching on (proper scripted) telly?

Dynamite Duane

• Paid Members

I downloaded and started watching that Mash Report thing that was on BBC2 last night. Nish Kumar's giving it his best effort, but the rest of the show can't decide whether it's trying to be The Day Today or Jon Stewart's Daily Show, and as a result it completely falls to pieces as Kumar tries to do straight news satire stuff surrounded by fictional characters, one of whom is played by Ellie Taylor. There's the occasional Ali G style interview where the fake interviewer interviews somebody and asks awkward questions, but I couldn't tell whether the person being interviewed was an "unwitting participant" or an actor playing another character. I didn't make it the whole way through, and don't think I'll be trying it again.

• Paid Members

Does anybody else remember a show with Michael Madsen called Vengeance Unlimited?

13 hours ago, PunkStep said:

Yes, that was his...(Sopranos spoiler)

Reveal hidden contents

Tony murdering Chris in the car moment. That was it after that, no anti-hero or likeable bad guy feeling after that, just pure resentment

Have to disagree with that.

Chrissy was a druggie and a danger to the family. Tony only did what he did when he saw the smashed baby seat.

That should make him an anti villan.

• Paid Members

True that he was a danger, but Tony wasn't remorseful or didn't have a look of sorrow as he did it, I half expected him to say 'have that you little fucking cocksucker' after. 'This thing of ours' has deep rooted family values, and that killing didn't show that. He was full-blown heel to me after that.

BB is one of those shows I'd love to rewatch, but can't purely because of one person. I absolutely detest Skyler. Hate her with a passion. Her impression of Marilyn Monroe is vomit inducing and the mere thought of watching that scene again makes me want to smash things. 

2 hours ago, PunkStep said:

Hide contents

I think it was more tony giving a guy chance after chance to only for him to resent him. The relationship was never the same once tony had gave him that pass on being an addict. Chris felt Tony didnt respect and love him in the same way any more which increased when tony b was released.

I think it was more tony giving a guy chance after chance to only for him to resent him. The relationship was never the same once tony had gave him that pass on being an addict. Chris felt Tony didnt respect and love him in the same way any more which increased when tony b was released.

Edited by sivy

23 minutes ago, W35ty said:

The show finished 10 years ago.

How long do we have to wait to not put spoiler tags on TV discussion?

Do what you want but considering you actually quoted someone that had spoiler tagged something very similar...

I get it's been 10 years, but for example regarding Breaking Bad, I've managed to read this entire thread without having anything spoilt for me as 1.) people are pretty decent and 2.) it's really not fucking hard to hide something of you so wish to discuss pertinent points. But again, you're free to do what you want. 

I guess this would be the best place to ask on here, does anyone know how I could get hold of the original UK version of Max Headroom, the one with the music videos? I have the movie and US TV show but this is impossible to find.

• Paid Members
On ‎23‎/‎07‎/‎2017 at 9:18 PM, Merzbow said:

I guess this would be the best place to ask on here, does anyone know how I could get hold of the original UK version of Max Headroom, the one with the music videos? I have the movie and US TV show but this is impossible to find.

I have to say, I don't think it has ever been repeated. I know the pilot was reshown about 15 years ago on Channel 4 and I never watched the series, but have vague memories of the video show freaking me out as a 5ish year old.