What have you been watching on (proper scripted) telly?

Dynamite Duane

Thought Richard Ayoade was miles better on the Crystal Maze than Stephen Merchant was in the one-off last year. Could do without the Z list celebs but fun enough. Is this still being filmed at that Crystal Maze Experience thing? Or have they invested in an actual set now?

I watched both Crystal Maze specials on Saturday with my 7 year old and we both loved it, so that was nice.

I was probably around that age when I watched it, and I know it's aimed at a slightly older demographic but if it appeals to littler ones they could be on to a bit of a winner.

Didnt mind the celebs, they all seemed nice enough and Louie Spence is a bit of a guilty pleasure of mine. 

• Paid Members
On 6/24/2017 at 11:53 AM, Astro Hollywood said:

Of all the shows that exist, Netflix just added 5 seasons of Highway to Heaven, probably after all the posts on here about Sunday Evening Dread at your nanas.

[cut to one year later]

Guys, please go to Amazon and buy my Highway to Heaven Retrospective

In junior school we used to have assembly every Monday and our Headmaster, Mr Wood took the assembly twice. The first  ended with him telling us we should look at ourselves before blaming others (As he gave the nod to Mrs Jones, his PA, to play Man In The Mirror by Michael Jackson)

The second was a long, drawn out story about a Javelin thrower which ended "And that man went on to become Michael Langdon........" Cue a room full of confused 7 year olds and silence, followed by a defeated "....From Highway to Heaven!.....The one without the beard" as he walked out to silence. 

• Paid Members
On 25/06/2017 at 9:18 PM, CTXRussomark said:

Thought Richard Ayoade was miles better on the Crystal Maze than Stephen Merchant was in the one-off last year. Could do without the Z list celebs but fun enough. Is this still being filmed at that Crystal Maze Experience thing? Or have they invested in an actual set now?

so it's an actual series now?

and yeh, thought Ayoade was great as the host.

• Paid Members

Silicon Valley spoilers ahead:

The season finale of Silicon Valley was this week. I enjoyed it - and the whole season - a lot. However I can't say it was quite as good as what's gone before. I am super bummed out that T.J. Miller is leaving the show, but his exit was funny stuff. He did a pretty in depth interview with the Hollywood Reporter about his exit which I've linked below. One issue seems to be that he suffers from what a few stand ups suffer from and that is that they see television as below the art of stand up so when people refer to them as an actor they almost take it as an insult. 

http://www.hollywoodreporter.com/live-feed/tj-miller-says-leaving-silicon-valley-was-like-a-breakup-1016573

My home internet is really shit at the moment so I haven't been able to watch anything I want to watch but my Netflix list is constantly growing. I managed half an episode of GLOW before it would no.longer work but I'm looking forward to that, and the rest of the most current season of 'Its Always Sunny...'. El Chapo is high on my list of things to watch next too. I managed about half an episode of OITNB too, but I didn't enjoy it all that much and have gone really off the series.

I managed the first 15 minutes of the new series of Preacher on Amazon Prime last night, really enjoyed what I watched. I can't wait to watch the rest. I move out of my flat at the end of the month so will finally have working internet again. I intend to fill as much of the first 2 weeks of the 6 weeks holiday with binge watching TV as I can.