What have you been watching on (proper scripted) telly?

Dynamite Duane

• Paid Members

Full frontal in Confetti. You're welcome.

Yeah, but uncomfortably so. It's not full-on Fappening style theft, but it's still pretty low.

But you can chalk me down as another that likes the Coleman. She's got a lovely smile.

Plus the experience of watching it is "Oooh, Sophie's tits. Niiice. Mmm. AAAAAGHJEZ'SCOCK"

I'm 5 episodes in to Community and I really don't like it that much, so I'm ducking out for a bit. It's just not funny.

Anyone else watch Simon Amstells Carnage on the iPlayer? Mockumentary set in the future where everyone is vegan. It's wry, but well written I thought.

I'd give up now Bacon. If your not at least interested by 5 episodes in I'd say it's not for you. Try Modern Family instead

Fair enough. I think the first 5 episodes raised a few wry smiles from me. I'm not expecting belly laughs, but nah, don't think it's for me.

Modern Family might be a good shout. I mean, I love The Goldbergs so...

• Paid Members

Apologies if already posted but watching International Gladiators on Challenge and who pops up as Fash's co-commentator and presenter? None other than Mike Adamle! Still shite then

He was the host of the original version American Gladiators. Personally I always liked him on that show

I'm 5 episodes in to Community and I really don't like it that much, so I'm ducking out for a bit. It's just not funny.

I gave up after the first 4 episodes earlier this year. Pleased it's not just me.

There was some funny stuff in it, but I don't enjoy the rapid-fire funny one liners for 25 minutes straight like on this and The Goldbergs, as though they are cramming an hour worth of story into each 25 minute episode.

I watched a DVD of the old Jackass TV series last night.

Wow, that early stuff has not aged well at all. I appreciate that it was innovative at the time, but hidden camera stuff to embarrass passers-by has been done to death since and as I get older I can't stomach pretty much anything Steve-O does (involving shitting or puking). Margera, Pontius & Dave England are so weird in front of a camera I don't like their stuff either.

The chapter list had 106 skits, so I thought I would write down which ones did make me laugh and I would watch again - said list would then go inside the DVD case.

A total of 7 made that list, the other 99 did not.

Highlights were Electric Guitar Alarm Clock, Knoxville in the bee-kini, and fat fucks.

I gave up after the first 4 episodes earlier this year. Pleased it's not just me.

There was some funny stuff in it, but I don't enjoy the rapid-fire funny one liners for 25 minutes straight like on this and The Goldbergs, as though they are cramming an hour worth of story into each 25 minute episode.

I watched a DVD of the old Jackass TV series last night.

Wow, that early stuff has not aged well at all. I appreciate that it was innovative at the time, but hidden camera stuff to embarrass passers-by has been done to death since and as I get older I can't stomach pretty much anything Steve-O does (involving shitting or puking). Margera, Pontius & Dave England are so weird in front of a camera I don't like their stuff either.

The chapter list had 106 skits, so I thought I would write down which ones did make me laugh and I would watch again - said list would then go inside the DVD case.

A total of 7 made that list, the other 99 did not.

Highlights were Electric Guitar Alarm Clock, Knoxville in the bee-kini, and fat fucks.

If you think that hasn't aged well then seeing the precurosr to it Camp Kill Yourself videos have aged even more so.

The fact it was supposed to have been a skateboarding video that Bam was given money for by Landspeed Wheels to promote their product, but it's an hour of him and his mates being arseholes for an hour instead. No real surprise that the company went out of business a little under a year later. Even though Bam and the gang went onto bigger and better things.

60 Days In – Heard about this & decided to check it out, blitzed through the first 6 episodes in no time. I think it was shown on C4 as ’60 Days In Jail’. It’s a documentary/reality show about a county jail in the USA that’s rife with corruption. After several failed attempts to uncover how drugs etc are getting into the prison & who the main players are (guards wont snitch on each other & inmates definitely won’t) the country sheriff’s dept. turn to undercover volunteers.

7 civilians who have applied are given schooling on jail life & then put in different cell blocks with the goal being they last 60 days, get info on the inner workings of prison life & report back.

Ahead of them going in (months before) all the CCTV in the prison was updated & the production crew went in there under the guise of filming a series on first time felons. This gave them access to interviews with staff/inmates & a cover story as no prison guards etc could know about the volunteers or the programme.

It’s fucking insane. Suffice to say, the 2 volunteers who ahead of going in were giving it the ‘prisons are like holiday camps’ talk had the rudest awakening. There’s 3 series which I suspect I’ll have finished by the weekend.

Ta for mentioning this - it sounded right up my street so I looked it up online last night. Only watched the first episode so far but it's definitely something I'll stick with. Really took an immediate dislike to Robert the teacher, so I'm very much looking forward to seeing him reduced to a quivering wreck as soon as possible!

• Paid Members

Comic Relief was the usual shower of shite that I didn't watch much of. However, I approve of the new streamline edition of Lenny Henry, with ABS brakes and upgraded suspension. The lone highlight of the evening was Lenny going completely apeshit at a bunch of people being noisy off stage in a completely non-comedic manner, while Graham Norton sat there giggling uncomfortably. 

Link in here: https://www.joe.co.uk/entertainment/watch-comic-relief-got-a-little-awkward-when-sir-lenny-henry-snapped-at-drunken-guests-118845 

Edited by Gus Mears