What have you been watching on (proper scripted) telly?

Dynamite Duane

• Paid Members

Always have good memories of Boon — cracking cast, absolutely blinding music (Jim Diamond AND Dean Friedman!), partly set in Nottingham. Also, we had this proper dopey lad at school, nicknamed Scotty, who was always on the verge of freaking out because everyone took the piss out of him so much. One day he was asked if he was going to the school disco, and his reply (in his weird, Stott Brothers-esque high voice) was "no, stayin' in, watchin' Boon"

• Paid Members

I would generally agree, except our school discos were actually cracking — one of our science teachers was Dean Jackson from Radio Nottingham's The Beat (on the Beeb), and he put on a great disco. Packed house every time, everyone there except Scotty. Then you go home and watch Boon, because you could work your video recorder.

• Paid Members

Started rewatching Freaks and Geeks on Netflix. I haven't seen it since it aired the first time 18 years ago. Jesus. On paper, it's a thing I should hate, coming of age, well-worn highschool tropes of bullies and crushes and dances and other CW-style topics, but it's just flawless, and the characters are so well drawn, and I'm instantly hooked again.

The lad that played Sam is now a proper writer and Director and everything, He wrote the new Spider-man film that's coming out this year.

It's still a wonderful series, more Wonder Years than CW style teen drama (which is probably what killed it) It really does speak for the quality of the casting that almost everyone in it went on to bigger and better things

So I started the US Office on Saturday afternoon and I've just finished Series 5. I absolutely love it.

I'll be honest in Series 2, I detested Dwight, to the point where I wasn't sure if I could carry on with the show, but somewhere in Series 3 he became one of the funniest characters I've ever seen and now he's a hero. There's too many great bits to point out and I'm awaiting the decline as some people have said, but I've loved binging it for 4 days or so.

• Paid Members

I didn't think the later seasons of The Office were that bad. They dropped in quality for sure but still perfectly watchable. I still maintain that the Americans did The Office better than we did.

• Awards Moderator

I had a few spare hours the other day and stuck on Bojack Horseman, pretty much on Chest's recommendation. It took until about episode 3 but then I really got in the groove of it.

The new series of Catastrophe hasn't missed a step. Fucking hilarious. I had to pause the most recent episode twice to recover from laughing.

• Paid Members

I had a few spare hours the other day and stuck on Bojack Horseman, pretty much on Chest's recommendation. It took until about episode 3 but then I really got in the groove of it.

The new series of Catastrophe hasn't missed a step. Fucking hilarious. I had to pause the most recent episode twice to recover from laughing.

I stuck with Bojack due to recommendation and found it bloody slow and not that funny. But after the first 5 or 6 episodes, as you said I got it and it's not what you think it's going to be. Great cast as well

Anyone been watching the new series of Broadchurch? As usual, everyone is looking suspicious and is a potential suspect, especially Lenny Henry.

Yeah we've been watching it. Think it's still a bit early to be making any guesses , especially with what they threw towards the end of the first episode

the condom wrapper in the guy's car glove box

which I think was an obvious red herring.

I'm already much more invested in it this series than I was series 2, which was always going to be difficult to follow up/live up to the hype of the first