What have you been watching on (proper scripted) telly?

Dynamite Duane

Watched The Replacement on iPlayer yesterday. Anyone else watched it? I didn't think it was very good at all. The middle episode was really boring and even though it was only 3 episodes, it felt like it went on forever.

It started off well and then ended up ridiculous and stupid sadly. Could have been so much better.

• Paid Members

What's folks opinions on the "Snatch" tv series?

I'm half way through it and loved it at the beginning, but started to lose interest half way through. Is it worth sticking with?

• Paid Members

Full frontal in Confetti. You're welcome.

Yeah, but uncomfortably so. It's not full-on Fappening style theft, but it's still pretty low.

But you can chalk me down as another that likes the Coleman. She's got a lovely smile.

• Paid Members

60 Days In – Heard about this & decided to check it out, blitzed through the first 6 episodes in no time. I think it was shown on C4 as ’60 Days In Jail’. It’s a documentary/reality show about a county jail in the USA that’s rife with corruption. After several failed attempts to uncover how drugs etc are getting into the prison & who the main players are (guards wont snitch on each other & inmates definitely won’t) the country sheriff’s dept. turn to undercover volunteers.

7 civilians who have applied are given schooling on jail life & then put in different cell blocks with the goal being they last 60 days, get info on the inner workings of prison life & report back.

Ahead of them going in (months before) all the CCTV in the prison was updated & the production crew went in there under the guise of filming a series on first time felons. This gave them access to interviews with staff/inmates & a cover story as no prison guards etc could know about the volunteers or the programme.

It’s fucking insane. Suffice to say, the 2 volunteers who ahead of going in were giving it the ‘prisons are like holiday camps’ talk had the rudest awakening. There’s 3 series which I suspect I’ll have finished by the weekend.

Full frontal in Confetti. You're welcome.

Yeah, but uncomfortably so. It's not full-on Fappening style theft, but it's still pretty low.

But you can chalk me down as another that likes the Coleman. She's got a lovely smile.

Didn't she agree to do it if it was a closed set and nothing would be shown in the film?  Something like that anyway.

• Paid Members

Well, I can safely say that the first new episode of Vera was a two hour television show that was broadcast on ITV. 

It had it all, it really did. Fish and chips, a Landrover Discovery, murder, bonking. Great, dull as wallpaper paste, viewing for Sunday night. I was in bed by 22:15 and absolutely loving it. 

I'm 5 episodes in to Community and I really don't like it that much, so I'm ducking out for a bit. It's just not funny.

Anyone else watch Simon Amstells Carnage on the iPlayer? Mockumentary set in the future where everyone is vegan. It's wry, but well written I thought.

• Paid Members

I'm 5 episodes in to Community and I really don't like it that much, so I'm ducking out for a bit. It's just not funny.

Anyone else watch Simon Amstells Carnage on the iPlayer? Mockumentary set in the future where everyone is vegan. It's wry, but well written I thought.

I'd give up now Bacon. If your not at least interested by 5 episodes in I'd say it's not for you. Try Modern Family instead

Well, I can safely say that the first new episode of Vera was a two hour television show that was broadcast on ITV. 

It had it all, it really did. Fish and chips, a Landrover Discovery, murder, bonking. Great, dull as wallpaper paste, viewing for Sunday night. I was in bed by 22:15 and absolutely loving it. 

I actually watched this after someone (might even have been you Gus?) mentioned it a few days ago!  It was everything you say, perfect sunday night pre-sleep viewing.  Not really sure why it needed to be 2 hours though.

• Paid Members

Haha, yeah that was me. I'm the official UKFF repository of bang-average Sunday night detective shows. You wouldn't believe the amount of time I spend watching ITV Encore. It's certainly only below the sports channels for me.

It's what you need on a Sunday evening though. Inoffensive. but with just enough to hold your interest. It's honestly an art, like elevator music or food for really old people.