What have you been watching on (proper scripted) telly?

Dynamite Duane

My impression from the first episode is that Damon Wayans is somewhat miscast as a straight-laced 50-year-old cop who's cutting back on the stress (even though he's actually 56, he doesn't look it). But Clayne Crawford is perfect for this version of Riggs, and should manage to carry the show regardless, if the writing's up to snuff.

It's probably got potential to be another Justified. It actually appeals to me to have a low maintenance monster of the week tv show to watch so I'll probably give it a go at some point. Shame they couldn't get Shane Black on board.

I have been working my way through Lethal Weapon episodes for the last week or so (just finished the latest one). It is nothing great, but Damon Wayans and Clayne Crawford are good in the lead roles and certainly help to make it more than just another average cop show; to something that is entertaining and pretty good. Not sure why ITV have brought it (to show on their main channel on a Friday night), but it's a perfectly fine series to put on in the background if you are doing something else.

• Paid Members

When was the last time BBC1 or ITV showed an American series in a primetime slot? Used to do it all the time when I was a kid but you barely ever see it these days. Strange that they would break that habit for Lethal Weapon.

• Paid Members

Stuck the new new Top Gear on last night. Much better than last series thanks to the disappearance of Chris Evans. Characters and gimmicks have been established. Matt LeBlanc appears to be playing Joey, Chris "Don't call me Wildcat" Harris is the nerdy one and Rory Reid is the youthful exuberance. Feels less forced and contrived than some of the stuff that happened in the later "old" Top Gear and Grand Tour felt and there's plenty of time for the studio bits to get better.

Edit: Finally bit the bullet, bought into the hype and started watching Rick & Morty as well. Very witty. Feels almost improvised in places.

Edited by jazzygeofferz

• Awards Moderator

Anyone been watching the new series of Inside No 9? I'm enjoying it but I think 'The Bill' has been the better episode so far.

Yes The Bill was fantastic. Glenister was particularly good. There's probably a reason they put that crossword one in the middle of the series. More of a fun indulgence than a classic episode.

• Paid Members

Just discovered Scrotal Recall had a second series on Netflix but was renamed Lovesick. Great news. Series 3 about to start too. Now to work out how to get hold of it without having to subscribe to Netflix.