What have you been watching on (proper scripted) telly?

Dynamite Duane

I really fancy Olivia Colman.

My missus thinks there's something wrong with me, but I don't.

I'm the same. She just seems like she'd be up for anything, and would be a good laugh in general

• Paid Members

Mate, she always looks so glum and haggered! I bet if you gave her the most incredible night of passion, she'd still pull a face like this (apologies for the subtitles):

blogger-image-1034823611.jpg

On the other hand- her Mummy? Yes please:

sophie-mum.png

So I started the US Office on Saturday afternoon and I've just finished Series 5. I absolutely love it.

I'll be honest in Series 2, I detested Dwight, to the point where I wasn't sure if I could carry on with the show, but somewhere in Series 3 he became one of the funniest characters I've ever seen and now he's a hero. There's too many great bits to point out and I'm awaiting the decline as some people have said, but I've loved binging it for 4 days or so.

So, I've finished it. 9 series in 9 days. Fucking hell. What a show. I absolutely loved it, more than I ever thought possible to be honest.

As well as being funny, it still had the same pathos and emotion that the original Office had, which was something I didn't think they could do somewhere around Series 3. The UK Office was so subtle in it's feelings and sympathy that I had for the characters, and the US Office is more about straight laughs but it had it.

I'll admit the only bits I didn't really like were the episodes with James Spader (just incredibly unfunny), and the introduction of Nellie, but I even warmed to her in the end. The only problem I had is because I binged it so hard and fast (that's what she said), it's hard to pick out moments or even episodes that stand out, which I'll have to do at a later date, but yeah, I loved it.

Now onto...Community I reckon.

So I started the US Office on Saturday afternoon and I've just finished Series 5. I absolutely love it.

I'll be honest in Series 2, I detested Dwight, to the point where I wasn't sure if I could carry on with the show, but somewhere in Series 3 he became one of the funniest characters I've ever seen and now he's a hero. There's too many great bits to point out and I'm awaiting the decline as some people have said, but I've loved binging it for 4 days or so.

So, I've finished it. 9 series in 9 days. Fucking hell. What a show. I absolutely loved it, more than I ever thought possible to be honest.

As well as being funny, it still had the same pathos and emotion that the original Office had, which was something I didn't think they could do somewhere around Series 3. The UK Office was so subtle in it's feelings and sympathy that I had for the characters, and the US Office is more about straight laughs but it had it.

I'll admit the only bits I didn't really like were the episodes with James Spader (just incredibly unfunny), and the introduction of Nellie, but I even warmed to her in the end. The only problem I had is because I binged it so hard and fast (that's what she said), it's hard to pick out moments or even episodes that stand out, which I'll have to do at a later date, but yeah, I loved it.

Now onto...Community I reckon.

Me and my girlfriend watched US Office and nothing else for weeks as it was just that good. I agree it takes a noticeable dip but it is still enjoyable throughout to the end. Nellie annoyed the hell out of me, she just seemed to add nothing to the show for me. 

Anyone been watching the new series of Broadchurch? As usual, everyone is looking suspicious and is a potential suspect, especially Lenny Henry.

I'm just stacking all of the episodes up this time and then binge watch them all over a weekend. I can't really be arsed to watch dramas on a week to week basis these days.

• Awards Moderator

I had a few spare hours the other day and stuck on Bojack Horseman, pretty much on Chest's recommendation. It took until about episode 3 but then I really got in the groove of it.

I stuck with Bojack due to recommendation and found it bloody slow and not that funny. But after the first 5 or 6 episodes, as you said I got it and it's not what you think it's going to be. Great cast as well

I haven't been able to stop watching BoJack nor stop thinking about it. It's such an honest and exposed look at depression, addiction and celebrity. I severely underappreciated what it was going to be. Thanks for recommending it Chest.