What have you been watching on (proper scripted) telly?

Dynamite Duane

• Paid Members
5 hours ago, Scott Malbranque said:

Line of Duty Season 4 has exceeded all my expectations after the absolute belter that was Season 3.

duplicate - please delete

Edited by Nick Soapdish
duplicate - please delete

• Paid Members

I have been disappointed by the lack of love shown here for LoD 4. Everyone has been great and have been gripped even though

I love Arnott and was gutted when I thought they killed him off, yet felt a little bit shocked he survived after all the blood loss. Almost a cop out (pun intended) but as I said, I LOVE Steve

Broadchurch and LOD are the only two shows I've consistently watched this year, along with Brooklyn 99 for brain off viewing.

Won't know what to be watching after tomorrow's LOD finale. Catch up on Better Call Saul I suppose.

6 hours ago, SpursRiot2012 said:

Does anybody watch Designated Survivor? It's pretty mindless, but I like it. However, the Ford product placement in this week's episode was something else. I encourage you to check it out. 

Is that what that was?? I actually rewound that and watched it again because I thought I was missing some plot point, but even then couldn't figure it out. It was incredibly jarring. 

• Moderators

Wow. The music really sells it as a moment of wild excitement too. That first shot inside the car is so flat-yet-polished and ad-like, half the audience probably got up for a widdle in confusion.

In other news, S3 of Bosch dropped this week, and it's great. Probably the best season yet. Don't hear a lot of talk about that show, like with anything else which is exclusive to Amazon or Hulu rather than Netflix, which is a shame, because though he is a cop who doesn't play by the rules, it's pleasingly far from every associated trope, and perfectly paced for binging.

• Paid Members

Yeah, that FORD thing was unreal - worst case I've ever seen. So stupid, and completely inappropriate timing too. And why the fuck would you even bother unlocking your phone, boot up an app, and then start your car? You can do it quicker by just getting in the car & pressing "START", instead of standing around outside it for 10 seconds. Pointless - like a juicer with wifi. https://www.bloomberg.com/news/features/2017-04-19/silicon-valley-s-400-juicer-may-be-feeling-the-squeeze

Line of Duty is the best thing on TV right now.

• Paid Members
2 hours ago, CAREBEAR LUVVA said:

Where can one watch Line Of Duty from the beginning? Some folks at work have been banging on about it recently so I've been meaning to give it a go. Had a look on iPlayer but its only got the new series. Is it going to have to be a dodgy torrent job? 

1 and 2 are on Netflix. 3 should be on there soon. Whilst this latest run could be viewed alone, I would say you would benefit with watching it from series 1

• Moderators
6 hours ago, Teedy Kay said:

I was more impressed the fella owned leather gloves with conductivity to use a touch screen.

I want a pair.

Harrms Best Touchscreen Italian Nappa Genuine Leather Gloves for men's Texting Driving Cashmere Lining https://www.amazon.co.uk/dp/B01LZVSXPH/ref=cm_sw_r_cp_apa_b.wbzbA4JXAN0

Voila! I happen to have bought some recently.... (ignore the fact that they promote texting whilst driving).