What have you been watching on (proper scripted) telly?

Dynamite Duane

• Moderators

I've not read the book, so I went in blind, but American Gods is fucking great. Ian McShane's got so much to work with, if this show gets a good run, it might end up being as beloved a role as Al Swearengen. Absolutely incredible cast coming up in following episodes too. I won't spoil it here, but look it up if you want. Your life.

Edited by Astro Hollywood

• Paid Members
41 minutes ago, Astro Hollywood said:

I've not read the book, so I went in blind, but American Gods is fucking great. Ian McShane's got so much to work with, if this show gets a good run, it might end up being as beloved a role as Al Swearengen. Absolutely incredible cast coming up in following episodes too. I won't spoil it here, but look it up if you want. Your life.

I read the book years ago and I've been really anticipating it, Crispin Glover being in it and looking and acting exactly like he always does is the icing on the cake.

• Paid Members

Yeah, it was decent. I reckon Gerry and Kate did it. 

"Why don't you ask the dogs" was such a cold, defensive reply. Not what I'd consider normal to someone accusing you of being complicit in the murder of your daughter. 

14 hours ago, stumobir said:

Yeah, it was decent. I reckon Gerry and Kate did it. 

"Why don't you ask the dogs" was such a cold, defensive reply. Not what I'd consider normal to someone accusing you of being complicit in the murder of your daughter. 

Yeah there was a sense of arrogance when he said that, fair enough the media can twist things to create stories but they chose to go to the media and on all these shows in the first place.

I thought her holding the toy was quite alarming, her prints all over the window and nobody else as if to suggest she opened it to say they were burgled/broken into, the interview that you just mentioned and even to this day I'm not convinced they took it in turns to check on the kids. Maybe the wrong thread to discuss this?

• Moderators

So is this documentary really worth watching then or what?

On a scale of baseless speculative nonsense to Making a Murderer, where does it lie?

The thing I find weird is how they just won't let it lie. I find it very bizarre that I'm even still hearing about it at all..

Anybody else think they did it? I've no evidence to suggest they did, it's just the cynic in me that has a suspicion that they know where the body is buried and have managed to hoodwink everyone for the last decade. Kate McCann especially strikes me as Cersai Lanister incarnate, and it didn't end well for her kids either

On 03/05/2017 at 10:01 AM, Scott Malbranque said:

I've read the book a few times over the years, but I won't watch it purely because I really, truly dislike Ricky Whittle.

I love the book, and the show was like watching a  glorious nightmare, but I know I'm watching it with the wife sliding off the sofa whenever he's onscreen.