What have you been watching on (proper scripted) telly?

Dynamite Duane

13 minutes ago, Keith Houchen said:

Up to series 4 of Deep Space Nine.  Bald Sisko has arrived and now Worf has too.  It's pretty layered to be honest, lots of ongoing subplots.

I keep meaning to session DS9 but the wife won't have it. Bicced Sisko and Worf's arrival signalled somebody putting rocket packs on the quality - it felt like it finally broke out of TNG's shadow and found its feet. Dread to think what it means that a bald and a hench black man got prepubescent Caveman all excited.

On 12/05/2017 at 3:20 PM, SuperBacon said:

No, that's more CBBC to be fair...

When exactly did children's BBC get sanitised? Grange Hill had sexual assaults, heroin overdoses and suicides. CBBC won't entertain the idea of stories about stuff like that now. Anyone who follows the industry know what led to the change?

I made it to 5:25 before reaching for the pause/back/off button. I quite enjoyed the lady in the burger van saying her nipples had gone all tingly, but that was about it. "The Man Who Collects Eyeballs" seemed like it was going to be one of those "wacky" attempts at jokeless humour that often passed for comedy in the early 90s, and I really couldn't be arsed sticking around to see if that was actually the case...

Much like how the comic version of Zit was a shit imitation of Viz, their video isn't a patch on any of Viz's VHS output either. And it's not as if the old Viz videos were especially good. Apart from that Fat Slags one where Kathy Burke is doing one of the slags' voices. "Chubby Arse" (at around 34:50) is pretty quotable as well...

https://youtu.be/v_BPMD_JhGY

I have rewatched so much Louis Theroux this week it's insane. The man is still a fucking legend and no matter how many times I watch them, I find something new I love. 

This time round it was his little interview with Roddy Piper (off his tits), and the urgent way that he grips the chair when the nazi cunt asks to turn off the camera.

The Westboro Church episodes are still infinitely bemusing as well, I'd love to punch Bloody Steve, the ex film maker. 

Anyway, loads up on Netflix if anyone's interested. 

• Paid Members
On 2017-5-16 at 1:23 PM, thevestofdeanambrose said:

The return of Silicon Valley, have been catching up with the first 4 episodes of season 4, still as good as ever, great characters, anybody else watch?

Yeah, it's still good. Although their reliance on finding some new fuck up to stop everyone becoming a billionaire too quickly can wear a bit thin. 

New season of Veep is alright too.