What have you been watching on (proper scripted) telly?

Dynamite Duane

On 5 May 2017 at 2:55 PM, WyattSheepMask said:

Anybody else think they did it? I've no evidence to suggest they did, it's just the cynic in me that has a suspicion that they know where the body is buried and have managed to hoodwink everyone for the last decade. Kate McCann especially strikes me as Cersai Lanister incarnate, and it didn't end well for her kids either

Part of me does think they are involved somehow, not saying they intentionally killed her but I do feel they have hidden some of the truth, things like failing to do a lie detector, answering questions from the police etc to me is very suspect. Them going to the press feels like an almighty cover up and both seem very smart, its almost as if they thought that by not going to the media they were going to be blamed and thrown into jail so have tried to get the media involved to try and save them/keep everything in the public eye.

I hope that the truth comes out one day, £11m or whatever it is spent on this is just insane but wouldn't surprise me if one day the truth comes out and we see one of them documentaries showing how they got away with it, how they fooled the police & media etc. 

• Paid Members

No.  The offence is leaving a child alone if it places them at risk.  The at risk part is the foggy area.  Generally social services would be notified to investigate neglect if children are found home alone.

• Paid Members

Riverdale has been my find of the year by far. Absolutely fantastic writing, once you get past episode 2 and the build up to the series the next episodes have just flown by and given me some of my favourite moments for TV in years.

Can't see it lasting too many seasons though, cast are destined for much bigger things.

It can't go beyond them leaving high school.

Every show i've watched that started with kids in high school have gone down hill when they leave that setting. One Tree Hill i'm looking at you!

• Awards Moderator

I've been working from home the past couple of days, which means the telly gets left on burbling away in the background. ITV have an anodyne quiz in the form of Russian-themed Babushka. The theme tune is sadly not Kate Bush but a butchering of the Tetris theme. It features Russian dolls which, after answering stupidly easy questions you can open one. It might contain money. If it does, you can gamble on opening the doll inside that to see if it has money in it. Best of all, the dolls have hilarious mildly-racist patronising "Russian names" like Anastasia, Steph and Kruschev (I might have made that last one up). 

To top it off, it's presented by Rylan Clark.

https://www.itv.com/hub/babushka/2a4880a0020