What have you been watching on (proper scripted) telly?

Dynamite Duane

• Paid Members

johnnyboy, I bet you hated Hackers.

It's brilliant Merzbow, I love the film! That little club/place they go to and play Wipeout- that's what I wanted the future to be. Electronic music playing everywhere, cyberpunk running rife. I remember I managed to find a multi pack of Jolt Cola in Stevenage about 12 years ago, I was delighted, didn't realise it was a real product.

Edited by PunkStep

I'm spending my google play credit to watch it right now! It has a 4.6 out of 5 rating, hacksploitation needed to be a bigger thing.

Back on to TV, episode 3 of Fargo is some of the best TV I've ever seen. What a brilliant single episode and is there a show that writes female characters quite as well?

• Paid Members
21 minutes ago, PunkStep said:

johnnyboy, I bet you hated Hackers.

It's brilliant Merzbow, I love the film! That little club/place they go to and play Wipeout- that's what I wanted the future to be. Electronic music playing everywhere, cyberpunk running rife. I remember I managed to find a multi pack of Jolt Cola in Stevenage about 12 years ago, I was delighted, didn't realise it was a real product.

Absolutely delighted to read that. Perfectly mirrors how I felt about Hackers and Jolt Cola.

In 1995 through 1996 my nickname was seriously Jolt...and I owe that to Hackers. Fucking wonderful movie, and an incredible soundtrack. All volumes.

The stopping traffic scene had me nearly crying with joy in the cinema!!!

I remember it was on MGM movies a while back and I made my missus watch it and she was like "What's this shit???" and if I wasn't such a gentleman I'd have genuinely dribbled some piss into her Sleep Tea that I make her...

Oh I love you, Brewster.

• Moderators
15 minutes ago, SuperBacon said:

Hackers was peak Jolie as well. I bet I'm not the only one that went blind over her in that, probably why I wear glasses.

Has anyone else seen the latest series of The Trip? Can we talk about it or do I have to spoiler tag it?

Where's the new series available for watching?

3 minutes ago, Chest Rockwell said:

Where's the new series available for watching?

Think it's on Sky Box Sets, but I watched the first 3 episodes on the motion that's daily, then found a google folder from Reddit. Want me to see if I can still find the link?

Just bumping the fact ive got some sky codes to help out fellow UKFF'ers with some cheap TV

JUst DM me your email and can send one over, full bundle and sky Q for ÂŁ35 a month. New customer only sorry (everyone gets a deal when they signed up)

• Paid Members
1 hour ago, Scott Malbranque said:

Absolutely delighted to read that. Perfectly mirrors how I felt about Hackers and Jolt Cola.

In 1995 through 1996 my nickname was seriously Jolt...and I owe that to Hackers. Fucking wonderful movie, and an incredible soundtrack. All volumes.

The stopping traffic scene had me nearly crying with joy in the cinema!!!

I remember it was on MGM movies a while back and I made my missus watch it and she was like "What's this shit???" and if I wasn't such a gentleman I'd have genuinely dribbled some piss into her Sleep Tea that I make her...

Oh I love you, Brewster.

Hackers was seriously the first film I got aroused at in a cinema. Well, I couldn't at Congo which I believe I saw around the same time. It was her at peak Jolie for me so so hot.

I think that was my first exposure to Matthew Lillard and Johnny Lee Miller. It was also where I found out Fisher Stevens wasn't actually an indian man (thanks Short Circuit!)  

• Paid Members

Being Plod must be a disadvantage for me. But I can suspend my disbelief for stuff like Luther.

Line of Duty so far ... mmm, not so much.

One thing that interests me, are AC-12 meant to be seen as the good guys? I naturally can not stand any of the characters associated with the outfit.

Imagine how I feel when Postman Pat fires up a helicopter to deliver a special delivery on the other side of his tiny village.  Not only is him having a helicopter highly unrealistic but him going to so much effort gives viewers an extremely disjointed view of what a postman would actually do when in reality we'd use a bin being in front of a gate as an excuse not to walk 10 ft down a path and back.

• Paid Members
10 minutes ago, Mr_Danger said:

Imagine how I feel when Postman Pat fires up a helicopter to deliver a special delivery on the other side of his tiny village.  Not only is him having a helicopter highly unrealistic but him going to so much effort gives viewers an extremely disjointed view of what a postman would actually do when in reality we'd use a bin being in front of a gate as an excuse not to walk 10 ft down a path and back.

It wouldn't be very CBeebies if they showed Pat knocking off at 2pm & spending the rest of the day getting pissed & dipping in and out of the bookies though.