What have you been watching on (proper scripted) telly?

Dynamite Duane

Still game is really really good. Firs few series really good, then when it went uk wide they pulled back a bit on the glasgow humour, and It went a bit celebrity guest star and lost it's reality a bit ie dial-a-bus. This new series peaked with the hooch episode. Haven't enjoyed the ones since as much. Get a hold of the Xmas special episodes that aren't on Netflix, as they are some of the best ones.

Re the breaking bad foretelling, I really liked that as I had no idea how he would get there in that state. Didn't spoil anything for me

American Horror Story latest series - spoilers up to episode 6 (please no spoilers after e6 as Im not completely up to date)

So at the start of the latest series we know which characters survive the initial blood moon because they are at the studio talking about it. This was a bit annoying at first but understand why they went down this route now the second part of the story has started. But last night in e6, when all the guests arrive at the house, they put a screen up saying "only one person survives the next three days" - why did they feel the need to do that? I guess they wanted to let us know the rest of the series will be found footage but then just say that?

They did say that the next few episodes were found footage. Fairly sure it was on the same screen as the message you mention. The bit about everyone dying apart from one person was to add a bit of intrigue and keep viewers guessing who would survive. Hooks you in, see. You know you've got a few episodes of constant killing coming up so the idea is you should be wanting to see who goes, how they go, and who's left at the end.

• Paid Members

Good bloody god, Westworld is brilliant. Just watched the latest episode, which provided the best moment yet.

"It doesn't look like anything to me"

Hopkins is bloody superb, but Thandie Newton has been catching up over the past two weeks.

Edited by PunkStep

• Awards Moderator

Good bloody god, Westworld is brilliant. Just watched the latest episode, which provided the best moment yet.

"It doesn't look like anything to me"

Hopkins is bloody superb, but Thandie Newton has been catching up over the past two weeks.

Yes! I was hoping someone else would mention it. I was having trouble with Westworld, but once let go of the idea it was supposed to be about robots in a theme park becoming self-aware and started treating it as a Lost-esque mystery-fest with loads of theories about what might be going on, I've started getting properly into it and have loved the last two episodes. The last ten minutes of this week were particularly brilliant.

My response to the quote in your spoiler tag:

"FFFFFFFUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUU"

I'm A Celeb is a bit boring thus far. They're all getting on with each other too well. Plus they're breezing through the trials. Maybe if they were hungry they would start picking bones with each other.  Maybe Danny Baker can stir the shit a little bit now that he's in camp.

There's no doubt about it that Scarlett has got this in the bag already.

We were saying something similar last night. They're all far too pally with eachother. I'm not saying that one of them needs to be an arsehole just for the sake of it, but we all meet someone in life that you just don't get along for whatever reason, but that doesn't seem to be the case though. Hopefully someone will lose their rag the next time What's his chops from Emmerdale says "happy days!".

As you said, Scarlett Moffat has got it in the bag though unless something dramatic happens. While she's proof that the term celebrity is broader than ever before, her ditsyness is quite likeable

I hated Joel Dommet in everything I've ever seen him in but I'm warming to him. I can see Lisa Snowden realising that she's gone from dating George Clooney to appearing on this and flipping. She has evil in her eyes.

In other news, I saw a guy take the -£10,000 offer on The Chase yesterday after the girl before him won the £40,000 offer. Fuming.

• Moderators

Binging on the UK version of Wife Swap. Was a great little series. I take pride in having nothing but distaste for at least 90% of people who were on it. The biggest arsehole of all was Barry Seaborn in the second episode, who was such a massive arsehole he went past arseholery and turned into "hilarious" and "great". How can you hate a man who says things like "We don't need a fashion parade, what we need is for you to get breakfast on"? Him and his wife ended up on Jeremy Kyle last year.

Barry the Great - 

Edited by PowerButchi