What have you been watching on (proper scripted) telly?

Dynamite Duane

• Paid Members

Came across a belting Canadian comedy by the name off "Letterkenny". 

Only 6 episodes but got green lit for two more seasons already. Can see a trailer park boys influence. Got 20 minutes spare check it out. 

The Crown on Netflix is ridiculously good. Just top notch casting, direction and music. Definitely one of their better original shows.

Once I got past Philip not having an accent, it's been really good so far. I get a very house of cards feel from it.

Old episodes of the Bill on YouTube. I completely forgot the existence of Ted Roach. What a man!

Watched the first four or five Bill series' on YouTube last year. Ted Roache is the man I wish I was! DI Burnside and dapper Mike Dashwood were brilliant as well. The way and era it was filmed added to the gritty look brilliantly too.

• Paid Members

It's not a bad line-up by usual standards, only a few celebrities that actually became celebrities via reality shows. Lisa Snowden and Danny Baker could be worth watching, obviously for different reasons.

Joel Dommett is an insufferable twat, though.

• Paid Members

I'd say completely the opposite — really enjoyed episode one, thought episode two was the worst one of the whole run, except the one about the comedian voicing the animated character. Episodes three and four are excellent, though, but we went on holiday before getting round to watching the rest.

• Paid Members

Season 3 of Peaky Blinders is really shit, isn't it? It's just essentially Downton Abbey by way of the Young Ones, directed by Guy Ritchie with every song sounding like it's been written by Alex Turner over the top of it.

Just smash cuts everywhere with random slo-mo shots of Cillian Murphy in shoes and a trenchcoat walking like he's got both arms in plaster cast followed by a close up of Paul Anderson either looking confused or with anger induced spit bubbles forming at the side of his mouth, and the rest of them drink and get sad, in the nip, confused and/or angry while

nonce

Paddy Considine and his bowl of soup and dog oversee proceedings.

Things picked up and I got giddy when Archie Solomons came back, but it was too little too late

Edited by Scott Malbranque