UKFF Questions Thread V2

neil

• Paid Members

I've hated JR for ages, not just for getting his talent confused or thinking the Dudleys' tandem neckbreaker/suplex was 3D, just because he grated on me. The tirade of "bastard" and "you cheated Austin" when Trips came back in 2001 was so embarrassing to listen to. The reason I came to hate him was because his decline was dramatically underscored by how good he used to be. I thought he was excellent in WCW and when he first came to the WWF, I thought he was great in 1993-1994. The passion and genuine excitement he injected into calling the Bret/Kid title match in July 1994 really added to what was already a great match. As the years rolled by and he substituted volume and "BY GOD" for such excitement, I really got sick of him. I can't remember many matches from after the Hitman/Kid match where I genuinely enjoyed his call and thought he added to the match.

Has anyone purchased anything from squaredcircle.com? They have some good looking t shirts on there, but unsure of the quality etc.

I ordered the grey Parts Unknown tshirt a few months ago. Great quality, no fading on the image, and a hard wearing tshirt too. Not a cheap,thin material. And a good fit too. I get XL, and they are nicely fitted. Not like a tent but not skin tight either. Well worth the money IMO.

Excellent, thank you!

• Paid Members

I've hated JR for ages, not just for getting his talent confused or thinking the Dudleys' tandem neckbreaker/suplex was 3D, just because he grated on me. The tirade of "bastard" and "you cheated Austin" when Trips came back in 2001 was so embarrassing to listen to. The reason I came to hate him was because his decline was dramatically underscored by how good he used to be. I thought he was excellent in WCW and when he first came to the WWF, I thought he was great in 1993-1994. The passion and genuine excitement he injected into calling the Bret/Kid title match in July 1994 really added to what was already a great match. As the years rolled by and he substituted volume and "BY GOD" for such excitement, I really got sick of him. I can't remember many matches from after the Hitman/Kid match where I genuinely enjoyed his call and thought he added to the match.

Agree on the "Stone Cold, Stone Cold" stuff but completely against you on the early JR stuff in the WWF. Just constantly talking, getting excited over fuck all and not letting anything breathe.

He got miles better later on. His stuff could really add to an iconic moment but there was a ton of by the numbers shit between those big moments.

He did always sound like a miserable cunt though. He's such a fucking butthurt.

• Moderators

What did people think of him back in the nwa day? I kind of assume people loved him back then.

Overly excitable and annoying just after the UWF buyout, but did fine work from 1990 or so until whenever Jesse Ventura joined him in 1992 as they just didn't click.

Just signed up for the cheap month of the Observer for the first time. They're always advertising how it includes unlimited access to their archives, but how far back does the radio archive go? I can't find anything from 2001 in the 'Radio Archive' section even though there are shows available on YouTube from around that time.

• Paid Members

It's everything that's ever been uploaded to the site. The Figure Four Daily shows go back to the start of that site in September 2005. The Wrestling Observer Radio shows go back to the F4W/Observer site merger in June 2008. The other shows all started at various later points.

The stuff from 1999-2001 on eYada isn't in the archive as that was produced for a different site altogether.