UKFF Questions Thread V2

neil

• Paid Members

Jericho could actually do a decent looking multiple-powerbomb in WCW to Misterio and Juventud where he didn't look like he needed any help, because they were the sized guys he could actually ragdoll.

Wrestlemania 2000 had it as the BEST FINISHER EVER! Five of those powerbombs, followed by a DVD. A move only bettered in WWE 13" by my finisher of 5 low blows followed by a headbutt.

Yeah, the multiple powerbombs-DVD combo as actually used by Tatsuhito Takaiwa at the time. Those AKI games were amazing for showing Western fans the MOVEZ!1 they wouldn't have seen without watching Puro. WM2000 had the Exploder '98, the Burning Hammer (which I gave to my CAW of Kurt Angle as I needed a finisher similar to the Olympic Slam) and the Tiger Suplex '85, and if you made a CAW of Musawa you had to choose between giving him the Emerald Frosien or the Tiger Driver '91. You could even assign a pretty IRL-accurate animation of the "Ganso Bomb" for a front special, even though the one time it had happened in real life (at the time) it was actually a fuck-up rather than a move.

Incidentally the Jericho triple-powerbomb on WM2000 was actually powerbomb-powerbomb-sitout powerbomb pin/Liger Bomb, which is something he never did in real life. The version in No Mercy was more like the one Y2J did/does for real.

• Paid Members

I hope someone can answer this. I'm trying to compile a list of matches i've seen live and I remember being at the Raw taping in Sheffield on 09/11/09. John Cena didn't wrestle on Raw but he definately made an appearance with DX after the show. I think I recall him working a dark match but i'm trying to confirm this. Anyone?