Jump to content

Recommended Posts

  • Paid Members
Posted

My daughter was 2 weeks late.  Every phone call had me on high alert.

Posted

Ours was 2 weeks late and wifey was induced. 12 hour labour led to a emergency C-Section which was absolutely stress free and handled excellently. 

All these myths about making them come out early are superstitious old bollocks though, walking is the only legit one. 

  • Paid Members
Posted (edited)

Feel for you man. We were lucky with our two but I was still impatient as fuck around the time of the due date. Going 2 weeks over sounds like torture to me but what can you do? It'll be worth the wait though. All the best. 

Edited by wandshogun09
Posted

Baby wideload born yesterday. Lady wideload had contractons for two hours then went to the toilet. Baby almost fell in.

It's a strange feeling and I still can't quite believe that I've got two children. Although this time around things seem to settle much quicker.

No rest for the wicked.

  • Paid Members
Posted

My other half and I have 3 kids between us(my son is 14, her daughter is 13 and our daughter together is 5) and we're having problems with all three at the minute and it's really getting us down. 

My son(the 14 year old) is really struggling with his weight at the minute, and no matter what I do nothing is shifting the weight. We have had him on special diets to no avail, and he does two nights a week at the gym doing boxersize and circuit training(in addition to his PE lessons at school). Completely lost at what to do next for him. My Step-Daughter(13 y/o) is getting more and more disrespectful by the day and it's really getting to my partner now. And finally our youngest(5) has confirmed as going through puberty early and has started her periods. Fuck me, it's completely freaked me out.

I'm sure having kids is supposed to be easier than this!

  • 9 months later...
  • Paid Members
Posted (edited)

I must read too many books to my three year old. She now finishes most sentences with “said Esmé”, or “asked Esmé”. My favourite so far has to be “Esme said, proudly”!

Edited by waters44
  • Members
Posted

I learned something this week: no matter how curious you are, if you have children who keep diaries/journals, never EVER sneakily read them. 

My 9 year olds diary is way too fucking scary and me and my ex have been freaking out about it all week.

Put it this way, some Year 4 muhfuckas are getting capped next week.

Posted
3 hours ago, SuperBacon said:

I learned something this week: no matter how curious you are, if you have children who keep diaries/journals, never EVER sneakily read them. 

My 9 year olds diary is way too fucking scary and me and my ex have been freaking out about it all week.

Put it this way, some Year 4 muhfuckas are getting capped next week.

And in four years time you might want to observe/never ever ever check their browsing history, trust me.

Posted

Wifey and I are thinking of trying for a baby at the moment. She's always been adamant that she didn't want kids but recently has changed her mind and is now wanting one. I've always wanted kids and always just thought of it as something that was way in the future. Now she wants one though I'm actually freaking out about it quite a lot. 

My biggest worries are around money, together we earn around £56000 a year so we're not on terrible wages, but I worry that we wouldn't be able to afford things for the baby or give it the things/life we'd want to. Realistically how much does a baby cost? Both in the beginning and getting everywhere ready and then on a month by month basis. 

My other big worry is that I'd be a shit dad. Wifey thinks I'll be a natural at it due to my job as a primary school teacher but I just worry that I wouldn't know what to do with my own child to be a good dad. 

She's done a couple of pregnancy tests recently and the first came back negative and I jumped for joy. She then told me today that her period was a few days late so did another and when that came back negative I felt disappointed. So I've really got mixed feelings on this. Is the time ever right for a baby? 

  • Paid Members
Posted (edited)

Financially, I get by with two kids and a flat at the heart of the hipster poncedom that is Heaton Moor on £36,000 a year. Think you'll be alright!

Everyone worries they'll be a shit parent and for many that feeling rarely goes away, certainly it hasn't for me. That you're a teacher stands you in very good stead.

You need to talk to your wife seriously about this as well. Talk through your concerns.

Also, and I couldn't go without saying this, I can't not be amused by a user called Divorced Dad contemplating having a kid with his wife.

Edited by Devon Malcolm
Posted

I'm actually neither divorced or a dad already. Merely the victim of a Neil name change thread a number of years ago. 

Wife has the same concerns regarding money. We've done some research regarding the costs of things and think that we'd be able to do it but my big worry would be regarding any unexpected other costs that crop up. 

The fact that I've had mixed feelings regarding the two pregnancy tests is confusing me too. 

Guest
This topic is now closed to further replies.
×
×
  • Create New...