Paid Members Hannibal Scorch Posted June 29, 2019 Paid Members Posted June 29, 2019 You just learn to cope. Your priorities really change when a kid comes along. What started to have a real knock on was kid number 2. He’s severely Autistic, non verbal, doesn’t understand things very well, not toilet trained in the slightest at 4 1/2. My wife’s pretty much a full time carer for him so we’ve lost about £15k a year (and the benefits for him are low). So now I’m the sole breadwinner which has sent me on a bit of an anxiety spiral. But really all it means more is that I’ve become a bit more sensible with my spending habits. I don’t lose out on much, but I think more about what I should spend. on £56k you’ll be completely fine
LEGIT Posted June 29, 2019 Posted June 29, 2019 Everyone worries about being a shit dad apart from shit dads. I'm a single dad to a 3 year old, he stays with me most of the time. I always worry if I'm doing things wrong, or not doing my best by him. It's natural. All I can say is do you're best, don't beat yourself up when you make a pigs arse of something, and don't let lack of rest turn you insane. If you can manage these things you're a great dad haha
Paid Members Devon Malcolm Posted June 29, 2019 Paid Members Posted June 29, 2019 3 minutes ago, Divorced Dad said: I'm actually neither divorced or a dad already. Merely the victim of a Neil name change thread a number of years ago. I know, I was just.... it's too hot to get my coat.
Grecian Posted June 29, 2019 Posted June 29, 2019 I'll echo what others have said, everyone worries that they'll be a shit parent. Basically, as long as your child is fed, clothed and happy, you're doing fine. Money wise, you'll be fine. You'll find you cut down on stuff (you'll be too knackered to go out, for starters, we ditched Sky TV, that kind of thing). Don't buy everything new, we bought bags of clothes at boot sales for very little money, all kids do for the first few months is feed and sleep. Everything you're feeling is something everyone goes through. But the moment you hold your child for the first time? That moment is pure fucking magic.
Paid Members Surf Digby Posted June 29, 2019 Paid Members Posted June 29, 2019 My boy turns 3 at the end of July, so conversations at the moment are either repetitive, hilarious, or utterly bizarre (such as blurting out "Goodbye, someone else's willy!" whilst undressing him for a bath). We flew into Tenerife today and as we were descending we hit a bit of turbulence. Despite having an impressive vocabulary for a 2 year old, he doesn't know turbulence, and so described the plane as being hit with a "wind wave". I'll be dammed if that's not a far better term for it.
Members SuperBacon Posted June 29, 2019 Members Posted June 29, 2019 Fizzy feet for pins and needles was always my favourite when they were toddlers.
Paid Members wandshogun09 Posted June 29, 2019 Paid Members Posted June 29, 2019 Fucking hell, was just going to post similar @SuperBacon, my daughter had pins and needles once and said she had “a spicy foot”.
Dazzer Posted July 11, 2019 Posted July 11, 2019 5 hours ago, Mr_Danger said: Blippi is a prick. Tend agree with this synopsis.
Paid Members Surf Digby Posted August 3, 2019 Paid Members Posted August 3, 2019 On 7/11/2019 at 5:42 PM, Mr_Danger said: Blippi is a prick. I fucking hate Blippi. If he was always being informative then I might cut him some slack, but his later videos are either 20 minute commercials for his merch, him fanboying over some skateboarder, or just rehashing old videos with links shot at arms length in his back garden. "When you're out in the street and see a firetruck, shout 'Blippi firetruck!'" Fuck. Off. That's cult behaviour. I can only hope his relocating to Vegas will lead to being very publically arrested after a massive coke and hookers binge.
Retro Red Posted August 3, 2019 Posted August 3, 2019 There's a special hell waiting for him, along with Ryan Toy Reviews' mum and the whole FGTeeVee family.
Mr_Danger Posted August 3, 2019 Posted August 3, 2019 (edited) There's one with a British Brummie family who look minted and the dad is clearly doing the whole thing to live his dream of being Dave Benson Phillips. It's 90% based around slime too. I suppose it's a good way of getting free shit and monetizing play time with the kids. Edited August 3, 2019 by Mr_Danger
Members SuperBacon Posted August 3, 2019 Members Posted August 3, 2019 24 minutes ago, Bicurious Dad said: There's a special hell waiting for him, along with Ryan Toy Reviews' mum and the whole FGTeeVee family. Ryan’s OK, but agreed his Mum (well actually her voice) belong in hell.
Paid Members hallicks Posted August 14, 2019 Paid Members Posted August 14, 2019 My youngest has autism, epilepsy and global developmental delay. She turned 3 not long ago, and the other day we put up the toddler bed and transferred her over. The fear was a) she wouldnt cope well with the change, and b) she wouldn't "get it" and keep getting up. We're 3 nights in and apart from sliding off onto the cushions on the floor to break her fall a couple of times (normal based on older sister's past adjustment), she's done brilliantly. Took down the cot today so fingers crossed we didn't have three consecutive flashes in the pan. She's getting too big for it and could have climbed out if she wanted, so we were just trying to get ahead of things a bit. Now onto potty training...
Mr_Danger Posted August 14, 2019 Posted August 14, 2019 My little lad starts play group next month. Never said a swear in his two year life but today the little ball bag has been walking around shouting "Shlit" all day with a grin that says the "L" is meant to be silent.
Recommended Posts