Sign in to follow this  
Kookoocachu

~*UKFF's Children Thread*~

I'll echo what others have said, everyone worries that they'll be a shit parent. Basically, as long as your child is fed, clothed and happy, you're doing fine. 

Money wise, you'll be fine. You'll find you cut down on stuff (you'll be too knackered to go out, for starters, we ditched Sky TV, that kind of thing). Don't buy everything new, we bought bags of clothes at boot sales for very little money, all kids do for the first few months is feed and sleep. 

Everything you're feeling is something everyone goes through. But the moment you hold your child for the first time? That moment is pure fucking magic. 

My boy turns 3 at the end of July, so conversations at the moment are either repetitive, hilarious, or utterly bizarre (such as blurting out "Goodbye, someone else's willy!" whilst undressing him for a bath).

We flew into Tenerife today and as we were descending we hit a bit of turbulence. Despite having an impressive vocabulary for a 2 year old, he doesn't know turbulence, and so described the plane as being hit with a "wind wave". I'll be dammed if that's not a far better term for it.

On ‎7‎/‎11‎/‎2019 at 5:42 PM, Mr_Danger said:

Blippi is a prick.

I fucking hate Blippi. If he was always being informative then I might cut him some slack, but his later videos are either 20 minute commercials for his merch, him fanboying over some skateboarder, or just rehashing old videos with links shot at arms length in his back garden.

"When you're out in the street and see a firetruck, shout 'Blippi firetruck!'"

Fuck. Off. That's cult behaviour.

I can only hope his relocating to Vegas will lead to being very publically arrested after a massive coke and hookers binge.

There's one with a British Brummie family who look minted and the dad is clearly doing the whole thing to live his dream of being Dave Benson Phillips. It's 90% based around slime too. I suppose it's a good way of getting free shit and monetizing play time with the kids.

Edited by Mr_Danger

24 minutes ago, Bicurious Dad said:

There's a special hell waiting for him, along with Ryan Toy Reviews' mum and the whole FGTeeVee family. 

Ryan’s OK, but agreed his Mum (well actually her voice) belong in hell. 

My youngest has autism, epilepsy and global developmental delay. She turned 3 not long ago, and the other day we put up the toddler bed and transferred her over. The fear was a) she wouldnt cope well with the change, and b) she wouldn't "get it" and keep getting up. We're 3 nights in and apart from sliding off onto the cushions on the floor to break her fall a couple of times (normal based on older sister's past adjustment), she's done brilliantly. Took down the cot today so fingers crossed we didn't have three consecutive flashes in the pan. She's getting too big for it and could have climbed out if she wanted, so we were just trying to get ahead of things a bit. Now onto potty training...

My little lad starts play group next month. Never said a swear in his two year life but today the little ball bag has been walking around shouting "Shlit" all day with a grin that says the "L" is meant to be  silent.

Whilst my son watched a Blippi video this morning, I looked him up on Wikipedia to see what the story is for the man behind the character.

The final sentence of the opening paragraph caught me a little off-guard...

image.thumb.png.ba1ef5373c5b04c61c48a93a3beecd88.png

It then goes into further detail...

image.thumb.png.454c734eb240cc19ce3db3f1dc29a989.png

Blimey.

Edited by dopper

1 hour ago, dopper said:

Whilst my son watched a Blippi video this morning, I looked him up on Wikipedia to see what the story is for the man behind the character.

The final sentence of the opening paragraph caught me a little off-guard...

image.thumb.png.ba1ef5373c5b04c61c48a93a3beecd88.png

It then goes into further detail...

image.thumb.png.454c734eb240cc19ce3db3f1dc29a989.png

Blimey.

Caught your Tweet about this this morning while in a very important meeting.  Read the Wikipedia and burst into raucous laughter.  Management weren’t too Impressed....