Jump to content

Recommended Posts

Posted (edited)

Whilst my son watched a Blippi video this morning, I looked him up on Wikipedia to see what the story is for the man behind the character.

The final sentence of the opening paragraph caught me a little off-guard...

image.thumb.png.ba1ef5373c5b04c61c48a93a3beecd88.png

 

It then goes into further detail...

image.thumb.png.454c734eb240cc19ce3db3f1dc29a989.png

 

Blimey.

Edited by dopper
  • Paid Members
Posted
1 hour ago, dopper said:

Whilst my son watched a Blippi video this morning, I looked him up on Wikipedia to see what the story is for the man behind the character.

The final sentence of the opening paragraph caught me a little off-guard...

image.thumb.png.ba1ef5373c5b04c61c48a93a3beecd88.png

 

It then goes into further detail...

image.thumb.png.454c734eb240cc19ce3db3f1dc29a989.png

 

Blimey.

Caught your Tweet about this this morning while in a very important meeting.  Read the Wikipedia and burst into raucous laughter.  Management weren’t too Impressed....

  • 6 months later...
  • Members
Posted

World Book Day. Alexa has gone as Dogman (from I think the Captain Underpants series, although could be wrong. ACAB still though), and Aurora has gone as her own character Galaxy. She wrote a 20 page book of her own, with 5 characters, 1 for each of her pals so they could dress as them, she even designed the outfits.

I am just waiting for the day a publisher picks her up so I can sit back and “retire” to watch old YouTube videos instead of having to work. Top kids.

4-FF31260-3-A41-4-C01-9-CF4-66-D14-C26-D
upload images

  • Moderators
Posted

I didn't know this was happening until yesterday so I had to cobble together a costume very last minute. My daughter went as Indian Rapunzel from a book that is a different telling of the story set in India. She liked the outfit and it's a book she likes, so job well done I think. Good save..

  • Members
Posted

I don’t particularly like the idea of World Book Day dressing up (the day is obviously a great incentive) as like with Christmas Jumper Day I think it pressures those less fortunate.

Alexas outfit is her Chewbacca onesie and her police dressing up thing. We certainly wouldn’t be buying something just for the day.

I saw a school that sent all pupils home with a plain white T shirt which they could decorate with their favourite book if they wanted to. Much more inclusive I feel.

  • Paid Members
Posted

I was bathing my youngest (18mths) on Saturday when my 5yr old burst in desperate for a wee.

Instead of looking where he was aiming, he was far more interested in talking to us, and proceeded to piss everywhere.  I made sure he stood still, instead of treading in it and walking it through the house, and was momentarily distracted while I mopped up, until my attention was grabbed by the lightest of thuds.

In what I can only assume was some sort of dirty protest at the lack of attention I was showing him - the little one decided to shit in the bath, pick it up and throw it at me.  The thud was it landing on the floor between my feet, because clearly, clearing up piss wasn't a demeaning enough way for me to spend my afternoon.

Don't have children.  

 

Posted

My little lad went through a faze of exclusively shitting only when we bathed together. One of his sisters would always take a monster dump on the toilet next to us too. A real family affair.

  • Paid Members
Posted
1 hour ago, John Matrix said:

I was bathing my youngest (18mths) on Saturday when my 5yr old burst in desperate for a wee.

Instead of looking where he was aiming, he was far more interested in talking to us, and proceeded to piss everywhere.  I made sure he stood still, instead of treading in it and walking it through the house, and was momentarily distracted while I mopped up, until my attention was grabbed by the lightest of thuds.

In what I can only assume was some sort of dirty protest at the lack of attention I was showing him - the little one decided to shit in the bath, pick it up and throw it at me.  The thud was it landing on the floor between my feet, because clearly, clearing up piss wasn't a demeaning enough way for me to spend my afternoon.

Don't have children.  

 

My youngest currently leads 3-1 in the Poo in the bath competition. Hopefully eldest will be happy to keep her score at 1. Last incident was a couple of weeks ago, luckily it was one of those hard ones and I was able to scoop it out wearing a rubber glove and flush it away swiftly. 

  • Paid Members
Posted

I'm still amazed by how much my boy can poo. Proper adult portions, that I can't visualise how they can fit inside him.

Here he is being a nob for book day. 

"What would you like to dress as today? A gingerbread man? Lightning McQueen?"

"No, I want to dress up as a bed!"

"You can't dress as a bed. That's not an outfit"

Runs to his bedroom and comes back with the pillow from his bed.

"I want to wear that!"

"Erm, you can't wear that"

"Take the pillow out!"

I thought I'd sorted it, until I came out the bathroom to find he'd gotten an empty duvet cover out the drawer and was lying under it, with a big grin on his face having proven me wrong. 

In the end he decided he was going to Mars on the Space Shuttle and so need a space suit. (Except there is no Space Shuttle program anymore! Ha! In your face, three year old child!)

 

IMG_20200305_145727_055.jpg

  • Paid Members
Posted
9 minutes ago, Nostalgia Nonce said:

I'm still amazed by how much my boy can poo. Proper adult portions, that I can't visualise how they can fit inside him.

I'm glad it's not just us.  Look like foot long subs some of em.  Defies logic.

Your little man is a right champ.  

  • Paid Members
Posted

You’d never think it to look at her but my 6 year old daughter does some inexplicably monstrous dumps. This little sod...

ED7821-F3-DCF9-43-CC-AF1-F-D59-DDDE6-F23

She dropped one the other week that was semi submerged with the top poking up above the water like the Loch Ness Monster. And left it there unflushed specifically to show me. Proud as punch of it she was. So was I, to be honest. Don’t have a clue how it came out of her or where she was storing it. It was like a great big brown baguette.

Guest
This topic is now closed to further replies.
×
×
  • Create New...