~*UKFF's Children Thread*~

Kookoocachu

7 hours ago, SuperBacon said:

Well in all of you.

And for those expecting your second, holy shit have you all got your work cut out.

This ain’t wrong. You’d think at worse it would be twice as hard but the second child manages to be more than the sum of it’s parts and is more like three times harder!

Congrats to all though!

• Moderators
7 hours ago, deathrey said:

I am aware of the diabetes risk, I have polycystic ovary syndrome too which makes me even higher risk. I had a blood test for gestational diabetes on Friday, I'm just waiting for the results to come back. I really appreciate the offer of advice and will get back to you once I know the results as no doubt, I'll need some direction!

Oh wow, surprised they are doing the test for it this soon! If it comes back negative hopefully they plan to retest later, or give you a monitor to do some spot checks anyway, as it is unlikely to manifest this early in your pregnancy.

• Paid Members
8 minutes ago, Mr_Danger said:

This ain’t wrong. You’d think at worse it would be twice as hard but the second child manages to be more than the sum of it’s parts and is more like three times harder!

Congrats to all though!

The 3rd isn't nearly as much however. So what I'm saying is just go straight for 3. No point mucking about. 

2 hours ago, Chest Rockwell said:

Oh wow, surprised they are doing the test for it this soon! If it comes back negative hopefully they plan to retest later, or give you a monitor to do some spot checks anyway, as it is unlikely to manifest this early in your pregnancy.

Yeah I think it usually manifests around 24 weeks? So hopefully they will test me again. They also did a blood test rather than the Fasting Glucose test which is far more accurate I'm led to believe, but they said they didn't want me sat in the hospital for that long as it takes a couple of hours which I can understand.

I'll ask about retesting or monitoring strips when/if I have my 16 week appointment with the midwife

• Paid Members

I remember the days when Chest and deathrey were saying on here about how they were sick of explaining to everyone why they didn't want children! Congrats to you, and to everyone else in this thread! It seems lockdown is creating a baby boom!

• Paid Members
7 minutes ago, Chest Rockwell said:

Whilst all of these babies were conceived before the pandemic I think there definitely will be a baby boom next year off the back of the lockdown this year. Will be interesting to see if it happens or not...

We’ve done our bit. There’s only so much Netflix you can watch. We’ll find out in a couple of months, I guess. But the thought of throwing a third kid into the mix, it might actually kill me. It’s mayhem now.

Edited by wandshogun09

27 minutes ago, wandshogun09 said:

We’ve done our bit. There’s only so much Netflix you can watch. We’ll find out in a couple of months, I guess. But the thought of throwing a third kid into the mix, it might actually kill me. It’s mayhem now.

"Ooooh, look at me having sexy sex. Aren't I quite the shagger" :)

I don't know whether you're actually trying, or if anyone else can verify, but I found when we were trying for a second, it didn't happen for ages.

Then as soon as we decided to maybe put it on hold for a bit, it instantly happened. Maybe my balls were relieved or something?

• Paid Members

Nah wasn’t a brag. I don’t claim to be any kind of stud that’s for sure.

We haven’t actively discussed trying for a third baby but we’re not against it either. I think that’s fairly common that couples have a difficult time conceiving the second time, especially if they’re trying and stressing about why it’s not happening. My sister was trying for 7 years after her first son was born and then her second came along when they’d almost completely given up hope and made peace with just having one child. Now they’ve got four! 

So our eldest (5) has gone back to school today. Think they're going in every 3rd day or something.

Ideally we would've kept her at home but it's been a real struggle with her, the 2 year old, and both of us trying to hold down jobs and home school etc etc.

She'll be in a class of 5 which isn't too bad really. Although the fear is real.

I do feel sorry for our youngest who keeps asking where her sister is, although I think she's enjoying the freedom of not having anyone to argue with over the same damn toy, despite having a whole playroom of options..

Next Tuesday will be the first time since all of this happened that both kids won't be in the house. So weird.