~*UKFF's Children Thread*~

Kookoocachu

• Paid Members
53 minutes ago, deathrey said:

Do they not just get really dirty

Whatever you have them in will get dirty though, and weirdly I always found stains etc came out of the white baby grows better than most clothes. @Chest Rockwell is spot on about the poppers though, they are a godsend when you're changing nappies every hour or so!

Thank you both, I'll stop avoiding white ones then. I've only bought one little set so far but I made sure it had poppers and the little scratch mitt things.

A friend has offered me her kids old newborn/early baby stuff which I was quite happy to accept (I'm just waiting for her to actually give them to me) so I'm not going to have to buy too much hopefully.

• 2 weeks later...

So the kids have created their own YouTube channels and their videos are very cute bless them.

Most of it is them creating Gacha Life (No, me neither) characters or playing their PS4 (hilariously as we are waiting on a mic and a USB stick for them to be able to do it properly it's just them filming their TV on their tablet).

We thought long and hard about whether to let them do this (and we can get into the whole discussion of kids being on social media etc), but we justified it as encouraging them and their creative sides, and also it is something they enjoy doing together, which is rare. They've been explained to that it is supposed to be fun, and never to reveal anything personal on there and we vet the videos as well and have access to the accounts. Comments are also disabled on them.

This is the best one so far and features them teaching you how to create your own home made drum kit out of pots and pans. Don't worry I don't expect any of you to sit through a 7 minute video of my kids playing with saucepans (I skip through most of them myself :) ), but thought maybe those with kids might enjoy it if they want. I will say this, there is a dog at 4 minutes for anyone that does sit through it. 'Enjoy'.

• Paid Members

So our second joined us on Monday morning, emergency C-section (probably just as well given she was 9lbs) for the Mrs which was scary, but mother and baby doing great. Two year old surprisingly on board with being a big sister, can't see that lasting somehow! Very happy overall though with this new, increasingly chaotic phase in my life. 

Edited by mim731