Jump to content

Recommended Posts

  • 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • Paid Members
Posted

10 Years ago today Chris travelled down to Southampton to give Dyllan a gift and spend the day having fun with us. As much as it makes me cry this picture also makes me smile. I miss him so so much.

Chris&Dyllan.jpg

  • Paid Members
Posted

Happy 12th Birthday Dyllan. He's growing to be the most incredible young man, I'm so very blessed. Seems like a life time ago he was so squishy and a little fighter.

119884525_10157374875142115_481482320178770835_n.jpg

Posted

I can't believe it's been 12 years, I remember when you first got pregnant. I can't believe I've been reading the forum this long!

Happy birthday to Dyllan

  • Members
Posted
7 minutes ago, Chest Rockwell said:

Well.... I'm sat in the hospital car park and my wife has gone in for an induction. Not how I imagined this happening; not great not being able to be there with her.

What is the reason you're not allowed? Surely a birth should be an exemption?

Wishing you all the very best. Hope it goes well mate.

Posted

Think of it as you cashing in your money in the bank at the last minute after your lady has done all the work. Just don’t raise the baby up with one arm whilst yelling “who’s the man” whilst tapping your forefinger against your temple.

  • Paid Members
Posted
15 minutes ago, Chest Rockwell said:

Yeah I'm probably sounding more dramatic than I need to be. I'll be allowed in once she's in active labour... But still, really doesn't feel so good right now! 

Yeah, the whole not being allowed into the ward thing is pretty rough, having done it myself six weeks ago I very much appreciate it's not ideal. However, at least you'll be there for the most important part! It did feel like a bit of a gut punch having to leave afterwards when they took my wife back to the ward, so might be worth preparing yourself for that (unless restrictions are different now).

My wife was induced with our first, and we were sent home only for it happen the following day, so it's not always instantaneous, but hopefully it all gets underway soon for you!

Posted
52 minutes ago, Chest Rockwell said:

Well.... I'm sat in the hospital car park and my wife has gone in for an induction. Not how I imagined this happening; not great not being able to be there with her.

That sucks. I'm sure you will both be feeling it. I know I'm dreading having to be in hospital alone. Hopefully the induction is a quick one and you get to go in soon as I know inductions can take days. All the best to you both and I hope baby Rockwell gets here safe and sound very soon!

  • Moderators
Posted (edited)

Cheers guys.  She's been having on and off contractions for a few days so hoping a little nudge will get her properly going quickly and it won't be a drawn out affair...

Edited by Chest Rockwell
  • Paid Members
Posted

I had to hold my wife on a bouncy ball for about six hours so sitting in the car with a crossword and strolling in when business picks up sounds perfect to me!

I joke of course, it’s no good not being able to be there for the whole thing. All the best to you all

Posted
5 minutes ago, Chest Rockwell said:

Cheers guys.  She's been having on and off contractions for a few days so hoping a little nudge will get her properly going quickly and it won't be a drawn out affair...

My reading up on labour has told me that second inductions are often a pretty fast affair, its usually with the first that they tend to be long and drawn out so fingerscrossed you'll be with her sooner rather than later. 

 

Do you know what you are having?

Guest
This topic is now closed to further replies.
×
×
  • Create New...