~*UKFF's Children Thread*~

Kookoocachu

• Paid Members

My daughter arrived Monday evening.

This pregnancy couldn’t have been more different than for our little boy four years ago. Tonnes of complications, Pre-eclampsia, low amniotic fluid, concerns of Down syndrome, discussions about her being dangerously small, worries about my wife’s health. All compounded by the fact I wasn’t able to accompany my wife for a single scan or test due to Covid. In the final month my wife was having to visit the hospital every other day. Whole thing has been a nightmare. 

Without all this to compare it against I had no idea how simple and straight-forward our first pregnancy was. Other than the concern of being a new Dad and what to call him I was relatively care-free!

All the unknowns left me absolutely shitting myself by the time we had the cesarean. I did my best to hide it from my wife, as she did me, but it was terrifying. And then miraculously, this six and a half pound little girl appears, surprising everyone with absolutely no complications whatsoever. Completely healthy, with neither her nor my wife offering the midwives any concerns, we were discharged only days later when we’d mentally prepared ourselves for weeks.

I’ve never felt relief like it. Absolutely incredible. I’m still buzzing. It feels this adrenaline is never going to run out. I could stare at her forever.

Finally, I can focus on the fun stuff - getting loads of compliments and plaudits from friends and family for staying up all night with the baby, when secretly I’m having the time of my life watching all the MMA and pro-wrestling live with the new love of my life.

Edited by Supremo

• Paid Members

Ah mate chuffed everything’s gone OK. We had a few complications with my daughter and son’s births, but mostly to do with my wife’s health. But I can’t imagine dealing with all that and working it around all this COVID shit. As if it’s not stressful enough as it is. Glad everyone’s OK. 

On 7/28/2020 at 7:24 PM, SuperBacon said:

I'll admit, not my proudest moment as a parent.

IMG-20200728-175325.jpg

Yeah I definitely knew this in my head, but still panicked a bit.

As someone who had an uneasy relationship with alcohol for years (and then wouldn't even eat Tiramisu because of it 🙃), I always panic when it comes to booze in food. 

They didn't break down after and try and tell me Karen in HR hates them, so I'm guessing they're fine with red wine.

My husband really didnt want to know the gender of our baby. I always wanted a surprise but now I'm actually pregnant, I want to know. It makes shopping for things really hard. Why are babygrows all so white and cream?! So boring and surely not practical with all the sick, pee and poo?!

Do they not just get really dirty @Chest Rockwell? I'm only buying babygrows, I'm not bothering with actual clothes, I think we will be well in to a second Corona peak by the time I'm due so can't see me going out anywhere.

That said, I do want to buy a Christmas pudding outfit for the baby for Christmas....

Edited by deathrey

27 minutes ago, Chest Rockwell said:

Plain white, crotch popper buttons, built in scratch mitts. All the way! Super easy and practical. We'll have a couple nice outfits for photos or seeing people but otherwise fuck that. 

I also quite quickly learnt not to wear anything I liked too much when feeding/holding/doing anything with the baby. RIP all of my Fred Perry shirts from my early 20's.