~*UKFF's Children Thread*~

Kookoocachu

6 hours ago, SuperBacon said:

You're right I could have done I guess.

I just know they were excited when I showed them how many people had "viewed" it, so that was cool.

I didn't do it for likes or retweets, I simply did it for them and like I said don't do it often, but as you said it's up to that individual isn't it?

I don't really use Facebook and definitely don't use Instagram, but know my ex does but that they're both private, but even so she doesn't really post pictures of the kids.

But are they private? I'm sure the information can still be accessed some way.

Ā 

I make YouTube videos with the kids and stream them through the TV with my account set so only I can view my videos. They love it and I have the added bonus of smugly explaining to their mum that it's all a work when she kicks off.

42 minutes ago, King Coconut said:

Apologies for my very badly thought-out response. That's the sort of way I would broach the subject with a close friend and after weeks of lockdown and cans of German beer the lines get blurred.Ā 

Well, that and the Jimmy Savile profile pic.Ā 

• 2 weeks later...

We've got our first NHS scan on Thursday (first NHS one as we've previously been for a private scan as Mrs Divorced Dad wanted a bit of reassurance) and I'm not allowed to go with her due to bloody Covid. She's gonna try and video call me while it's going on so I can see everything too.Ā 

Those who have been to scans before - do you reckon video calling would be allowed and would work?Ā 

56 minutes ago, Divorced Dad said:

Those who have been to scans before - do you reckon video calling would be allowed and would work?Ā 

Sorry Divorced Dad, it's unlikely they will let you video call, NHS has pretty strict policy around these things. I had my 12 week scan (even though I'm 13 weeks) last week and my husband wasn't allowed in. I asked if I could make a recording for him on my phone (the quality is great so you don't need to worry about that) and after a little bit of a lecture from the Midwife, she relented and allowed me to record it.

Congratulations to you too @Divorced Dad

We are doing a private scan at 17 weeks so that my husband can come along as the current NHS policy is unlikely to change regarding going to appointments alone. My midwife told me to expect the same through the whole pregnancy.