Jump to content

Recommended Posts

  • Paid Members
Posted

What lovely news to end the year with.  Congratulations!!

  • 4 weeks later...
  • Paid Members
Posted

My 6yr old at dinner....

'I've learned about Dream Catchers today dad. They used to make them & give them as presents to babies and people who got married' 

'That's nice. Who used to make them & give them as gifts?'

'The naked Americans' 

  • 5 weeks later...
  • Members
Posted

My 11yo's work on inheritance makes it sound like I sit and give her lectures on The Goonies and Buffy.

"The many lessons given by my Dad" ffs.

Things she gets from her Mum: Artistic ability, creativity, musicality. 

Things she gets from me: Back To The Future.

spacer.png

Posted

Listening to my daughter explain to her class and teacher, what a Legacy Board Game is, on her post half term Show and Tell Zoom call was a proper, 'Oh yeah, I raised this one.....', moment.

 

  • 2 weeks later...
Posted

Anyone got any experience of and tips for a baby who's starting teething early?

She's not even two and a half months old yet but has started teething in the last few days. She's still too young to have any gels or anything like that.

  • Members
Posted (edited)
32 minutes ago, Divorced Dad said:

Anyone got any experience of and tips for a baby who's starting teething early?

She's not even two and a half months old yet but has started teething in the last few days. She's still too young to have any gels or anything like that.

Ashton & Parsons powder. It's like crack for babies. Worked incredibly well.

Edit: Just looked this up and as @Mr_Danger says this is from 3 months. However, I am certain we gave our eldest it earlier than that. 

Edited by SuperBacon
Posted

Most remedies start at 3 months don’t they? I think there’s a Bonjela they can have at 2 months. Teething is the fucking worse though. I remember one of mine had an early tooth coming through and acid reflux, she’s still a whiney fucker. We got her a chewey giraffe toy for teething and it was great, even passed it on to the dog.

  • Paid Members
Posted
48 minutes ago, Divorced Dad said:

Anyone got any experience of and tips for a baby who's starting teething early?

She's not even two and a half months old yet but has started teething in the last few days. She's still too young to have any gels or anything like that.

You can use Dentinox gel from 3 months I think (as well as the powders @SuperBacon mentioned which did nothing for my daughters but my neices and nephews were all soothed by)  and although it's not the good shit it did the trick for us til we could give Bonjela at 6 months. 

With both of ours, they displayed all the teething symptoms early on but it stopped not long after for a while. I believe it's to do with their teeth moving around. Fingers crossed it's that rather than full on teething. 

  • Paid Members
Posted
On 2/26/2021 at 10:06 AM, BrodyGraham said:

Listening to my daughter explain to her class and teacher, what a Legacy Board Game is, on her post half term Show and Tell Zoom call was a proper, 'Oh yeah, I raised this one.....', moment.

 

Excellent parenting!

Posted

Thanks for the replies fellas! Everything the pharmacy had was for 3 months and up and she's not quite there yet so we don't want to risk giving her anything.

Absolutely horrible not being able to do anything to help though. Shes usually a really happy, chilled out baby but has spent most of today screaming.

  • Paid Members
Posted

I'll champion Ashton's powders too. It's like when you give catnip to a cat and it instantly changes it's mood.

I was in Asda this afternoon to pick up some bit and bobs, and my lad picks up a pot of olives that he wants with tonight's tea. "Not those ones", I say, as he's picked up the chilli coated ones (two chilli rating). "Those are too spicy". So he goes for the 1kg tub and again I tell him that's not the right choice.

He responds at full volume with "Daddy! These are not the correct olives!" like some little hipster artisan twat.

  • Paid Members
Posted
5 hours ago, Divorced Dad said:

Anyone got any experience of and tips for a baby who's starting teething early?

She's not even two and a half months old yet but has started teething in the last few days. She's still too young to have any gels or anything like that.

Good old cold flannel knotted always works a treat.

Guest
This topic is now closed to further replies.
×
×
  • Create New...