Jump to content

Recommended Posts

  • Members
Posted

Nah mate, she's the one that I've convinced to join me. It's her older sister that's the traitor!!

 

Yeah, without those cupboards, their house would be an absolute tip. So glad the landlord went for them!

  • Paid Members
Posted

I really like your under-stairs storage.

Glad I'm not the only old man rubbing his chin thinking "hmm, good storage."

  • 3 months later...
Posted

After a 16.5 hour labour and an emergency C-Section Glenryck jr was born on Sunday at 12.49 pm two weeks late, but he was worth the wait. Weighing in at a colossal 9lb 8oz Matthew James is the most amazing thing to happen to me and my wife. I can't wait until they both come home. 

 

Image may contain: 1 person, sleeping, baby and close-up

  • Paid Members
Posted
1 hour ago, Chest Rockwell said:

Congratulations! You're not both white, right? I've never seen a full head of hair on a white baby before, I'm curious as to whether it is even possible.

Definitely possible, our eldest had a full mop of hair at birth and we're all pale-skinned. Same with my niece as well, it looked like she was wearing a huge black wig.

Posted
2 hours ago, Chest Rockwell said:

Congratulations! You're not both white, right? I've never seen a full head of hair on a white baby before, I'm curious as to whether it is even possible.

As far as I know I am at least sixth generation English on my maternal side with some links to Norway, Ireland and possibly William of Orange. And I am at least seventh generation English on my paternal side. 

The wife has English ancestors dating back to the 16th century so we are as English as a full breakfast. However every time I go to Turkey the locals start chatting to me in Turkish. There is definitely a hidden Mediterranean in my bloodline somewhere 

Mother is doing well and we are hoping to be home this afternoon.

  • Paid Members
Posted (edited)

Handsome little chap that.  Welcome to the Dad club, its bloody great.

We at both whiter than white, but when our girl was born she looked like a little Mexican gringo with the mop of dark hair she had.  You really never can tell.

My friend who is Asian and his wife who is white had a baby 7 years ago who you would have thought was pure white, and was that way till he was three.  His hair has darkened as has his skin.  His younger sister was born with the same skin tone as her dad, but thankfully is the spitting image of her mum.

 

Quick edit, the thankfully bit is that she doesn't look like a gnome as her dad does, beautiful little girl.

Edited by Thunderplex
Posted (edited)

My future husband's nephew is dual heritage -half Indian and half white (German to be precise). He is whiter than white, he has a full mop of blond hair and has since he was born and the most amazing bright blue eyes. Oddly, his mum (the white parent) and most of her family have brown hair and brown eyes so the little one seems to be an anomaly. He has just turned 3 and his skin and hair are starting to turn a little darker but you would never guess he was anything but white, my brother in law gets some odd looks when he takes him out alone!  Genetics are facsinating

Edited by deathrey
Guest
This topic is now closed to further replies.
×
×
  • Create New...