Paid Members gmoney Posted November 19, 2025 Paid Members Posted November 19, 2025 (edited) 9 minutes ago, Carbomb said: What's the advantage of having a hard drive over an SSD? SSDs are massive now - I bought a 64TB one for £12 last month. Do you mean 64GB? Or have you bought some stolen gear? Edited November 19, 2025 by gmoney Quote
Paid Members Chris B Posted November 19, 2025 Paid Members Posted November 19, 2025 I don't want to suggest we've all got old, but we've just had a lengthy discussion about the best way to buy the Radio Times. This is disturbing. Quote
Members SuperBacon Posted November 19, 2025 Members Posted November 19, 2025 3 minutes ago, Chris B said: I don't want to suggest we've all got old, but we've just had a lengthy discussion about the best way to buy the Radio Times. This is disturbing. Do you know what I thought to myself recently "My Grandad had it right with that massive square magnifying glass he used to put over his newspaper" and that's when I realised I was old. Quote
Paid Members johnnyboy Posted November 19, 2025 Paid Members Posted November 19, 2025 (edited) 1 hour ago, Carbomb said: What's the advantage of having a hard drive over an SSD? SSDs are massive now - I bought a 64TB one for £12 last month. Unless that's a typo that's almost certainly a tiny drive with a hacked firmware that makes it appear like it's 64tb which will shit itself and corrupt everything on it soon enough. SSD is ~£50/tb for anything I'd consider using at home. Edit: Linus explains the process. Edited November 19, 2025 by johnnyboy Added LTT video Quote
davertfnewman Posted November 19, 2025 Posted November 19, 2025 Regarding the "You're a Radio Times family or TV Times family" thing, I recall that at one point all you could get in the Radio Times was the BBC and radio channels and all you could get in the TV Times was ITV and Channel 4, unless I'm wrong. Quote
Paid Members ReturnOfTheMack Posted November 19, 2025 Paid Members Posted November 19, 2025 Closest I've ever had to a Mandela Effect. Id have sworn it used to be a magazine called 'Radio and TV Times' that later split into 2 different guides. I have clear (evidently false) memories of buying it, and even the TV advert. Quote
Cousin Jim Bob Posted November 19, 2025 Posted November 19, 2025 (edited) I grew up terribly middle class and we didn't have either. We made do with the TV listing in The Guardian. I wouldn't mind having a weekly print TV guide nowadays if they were cheap. Even the weekend papers which come with one are £3 to £4. It is nice being able to scan what's on a whole day/night, than just looking at a tiny 2 to 3 hour window. Plus seeing what's coming up that week. All the online ones seem to have so many ads nowadays they kill your browser before you can even get to channel you want to look at. Edited November 19, 2025 by Cousin Jim Bob Quote
Paid Members Lorne Malvo Posted November 19, 2025 Paid Members Posted November 19, 2025 6 minutes ago, Cousin Jim Bob said: I wouldn't mind having a weekly print TV guide nowadays if they were cheap. TV Choice. 85p! Quote
Paid Members Carbomb Posted November 19, 2025 Paid Members Posted November 19, 2025 2 hours ago, gmoney said: Do you mean 64GB? Or have you bought some stolen gear? No, I got it off a site called OnBuy. Chinese, so I did read up on reviews and it seemed to have a good reputation. That said, you had me doubting myself, so I checked Properties, and it said 64TB. But... 1 hour ago, johnnyboy said: Unless that's a typo that's almost certainly a tiny drive with a hacked firmware that makes it appear like it's 64tb which will shit itself and corrupt everything on it soon enough. SSD is ~£50/tb for anything I'd consider using at home. Edit: Linus explains the process. Fuck. Quote
Paid Members seph Posted November 19, 2025 Paid Members Posted November 19, 2025 3 hours ago, Carbomb said: What's the advantage of having a hard drive over an SSD? SSDs are massive now - I bought a 64TB one for £12 last month. m2 drive is an internal SSD, but more compact. PS5 has an m2 slot to run PS5 games from expanded storage. Quote
Shirtie Posted November 20, 2025 Posted November 20, 2025 15 hours ago, seph said: m2 drive is an internal SSD, but more compact. PS5 has an m2 slot to run PS5 games from expanded storage. I bought one about a year ago for my PS5 after The Cod Games were taking over my internal Drive.. it's was 85 quid for 1TB and has done me well. Quote
Members SuperBacon Posted November 20, 2025 Members Posted November 20, 2025 15 hours ago, seph said: m2 drive is an internal SSD, but more compact. PS5 has an m2 slot to run PS5 games from expanded storage. 6 minutes ago, Shirtie said: I bought one about a year ago for my PS5 after The Cod Games were taking over my internal Drive.. it's was 85 quid for 1TB and has done me well. Can I ask if these things are easy to fix in? My 12yo has been asking for one and I dunno where to start. Was waiting for the November sales to be honest, so if anyone can recommend something I'd be very grateful. Quote
Paid Members BigJag Posted November 20, 2025 Paid Members Posted November 20, 2025 Looks to be a fairly simple process. Watch the video a few times and see what you think. Quote
Paid Members Carbomb Posted November 20, 2025 Paid Members Posted November 20, 2025 Fuck it. Only SSD I'm gonna bother with from now on: Quote
Paid Members JNLister Posted November 20, 2025 Paid Members Posted November 20, 2025 21 hours ago, Chris B said: I don't want to suggest we've all got old, but we've just had a lengthy discussion about the best way to buy the Radio Times. This is disturbing. Check your local library/library consortium. There's a good chance you can get it free online via your library membership, Quote
Recommended Posts
Join the conversation
You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.