DavidB6937 Posted June 21, 2025 Posted June 21, 2025 Probably ranted before but fucking hell the prices of chocolate in supermarkets. I might actually be forced to diet. Quote
Paid Members Carbomb Posted June 21, 2025 Paid Members Posted June 21, 2025 37 minutes ago, DavidB6937 said: Probably ranted before but fucking hell the prices of chocolate in supermarkets. I might actually be forced to diet. Reminds me of the graffiti in Glasgow some years ago: Quote
WyattSheepMask Posted June 21, 2025 Posted June 21, 2025 (edited) 39 minutes ago, DavidB6937 said: Probably ranted before but fucking hell the prices of chocolate in supermarkets. I might actually be forced to diet. The price of fucking everything more like. I’m off to New York next month and was looking for one of those ‘Pizza by the Slice’ type places. Turns out there’s fucking loads of them so it’s an easy thing to cross off the list, some as low as $1.50 while some of them in Midtown Manhattan are upto $4.50 a slice (which in fairness do look pretty sizeable), but it’s New York so I’m expecting to be gouged a bit. Run that through a currency converter and you soon find out that $4.50 is £3.30 ish, the same as what I’m paying for the shitty Chicken Goujons from Greggs Edited June 21, 2025 by WyattSheepMask Quote
Paid Members LaGoosh Posted June 21, 2025 Paid Members Posted June 21, 2025 35 minutes ago, WyattSheepMask said: The price of fucking everything more like. I don't know why were not rioting in the fucking streets about it. It's unbelievable and we've accepted it and I don't understand why. Quote
WyattSheepMask Posted June 21, 2025 Posted June 21, 2025 16 minutes ago, LaGoosh said: I don't know why were not rioting in the fucking streets about it. It's unbelievable and we've accepted it and I don't understand why. “Just cancel your Netflix and stop getting Avo on Toast.” I know that’s not the answer but it’s the one that everybody of a certain generation that bought a house for 4p seems to think is the solution to the worlds problems Quote
Paid Members stumobir Posted June 21, 2025 Paid Members Posted June 21, 2025 Not that I buy it (Kerrygold 4lyf) but I’m convinced the price of Lurpak is some kind of capitalist troll. Quote
Members SuperBacon Posted June 21, 2025 Members Posted June 21, 2025 £1.25 is the new £1. Gone are the days when you could get a big bar of chocolate or some Haribos (other sweets are available) for a quid. MEMBER WHEN A CAN OF COKE WAS 25P???? Quote
Paid Members Carbomb Posted June 21, 2025 Paid Members Posted June 21, 2025 5 minutes ago, SuperBacon said: £1.25 is the new £1. This is one of the worst things I have ever read. Quote
DavidB6937 Posted June 21, 2025 Author Posted June 21, 2025 (edited) 33 minutes ago, SuperBacon said: £1.25 is the new £1. Gone are the days when you could get a big bar of chocolate or some Haribos (other sweets are available) for a quid. MEMBER WHEN A CAN OF COKE WAS 25P???? And 5 is the new 6, or 3 is the new 4, because we'll just hope no one remembers what used to be in multipacks of crisps or chocolate. Oh and we'll give you that sweet clubcard discount but hope you don't remember that the discounted price is still more fucking expensive than what you were paying before AND you're getting less. And not only will you get less but they'll be fucking smaller too. Absolute arseholes. Edited June 21, 2025 by DavidB6937 Quote
Paid Members johnnyboy Posted June 21, 2025 Paid Members Posted June 21, 2025 36 minutes ago, SuperBacon said: MEMBER WHEN A CAN OF COKE WAS 25P???? No. Quote
Members SuperBacon Posted June 21, 2025 Members Posted June 21, 2025 12 minutes ago, johnnyboy said: No. That's the cheapest I remember it. Walkers were 22p a pack. Quote
Paid Members FLips Posted June 21, 2025 Paid Members Posted June 21, 2025 (edited) In my head cans of pop have always been around 50p. I do remember the wombo combo of a Freddo, Fudge and Curly Wurly being 10p, 15p and 20p though. I think they’re all about a quid now aren’t they. Also a Mars Bar was 32p! Edited June 21, 2025 by FLips Quote
Paid Members johnnyboy Posted June 21, 2025 Paid Members Posted June 21, 2025 44 minutes ago, FLips said: In my head cans of pop have always been around 50p. Yeah, non-multipack proper Coke starts at 50p in my memory and I am old. Quote
Members SuperBacon Posted June 21, 2025 Members Posted June 21, 2025 50 minutes ago, johnnyboy said: Yeah, non-multipack proper Coke starts at 50p in my memory and I am old. I definitely remember either the shop on the estate or the Happy shopper one down the road selling them for 25p. Might not have all been totally legit. Quote
Paid Members johnnyboy Posted June 21, 2025 Paid Members Posted June 21, 2025 20-25p for me is Panda Pop in the cornershop territory. 10p for some Space Raiders. Having said that, I remember Kwik Save Lemonade being something ridiculous like 20p for a 2 litre bottle, which would be the tipple of choice if we were hanging round the town. Quote
Recommended Posts
Join the conversation
You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.