Jump to content

Recommended Posts

Posted
1 hour ago, Merzbow said:

The tip for Burger King is to buy from the app, they *always* have an offer or three that make it a lot cheaper. It's just that they want your data.

Those offers are not what they used to be, but still decent if your looking to save a couple of quid.

One of the branches in my town let you use multiple app codes per order when you were supposed to be allowed one per transaction. You could get what would’ve been about £25 at the time for about £8. Probably explains how I ended up close to 300lbs

Posted

I love a traditional Mr Whippy.

What I don't love is where they've gone mental with a bazillion different artificial shit flavours and my kids always want the brightest most disgusting ones.

Posted

The thing is ice cream you can buy in the supermarket is just so much better than it was when I was a kid with your rock hard Walls vanilla. I feel like i'd just rather go and buy a nice tub for the same price as a 99 or just go to somewhere like Creams. They have vegan variations for my son with CMPA, which is great. 

  • Paid Members
Posted

Our Ice Cream Van has insanely marked up prices and only comes out when it’s dark and raining. This weekend the only time we heard it was during the thunderstorm. It’s definitely just selling drugs and fags.

  • Paid Members
Posted

I went to Whitby a month or so back. My wife decided while we were there we had to get an ice cream, and sure, its the seaside innit!

So we went to one and I got oddly excited when I saw the sign saying you could add coaldust to your ice cream for an extra 50p. Course it was just black sherbet, which is probably for the best. It scares me that I was willing to give it a go as actual coal dust.

Posted
1 hour ago, Lorne Malvo said:

we keep swallowing these price hikes

We don't have a choice. It seems some people in this thread thinks it's just Tesco rinsing the common man but the price of shit has risen for them too and the reasons aren't being held in a secret cave either.

Posted

There's an ice cream van around here. Somewhere. It taunts me with the music but I've never been able to see the fucking thing.

It's probably some twat in their garden playing it off a fucking YouTube video or something.

  • Paid Members
Posted

Ice cream seems alright. A lot are massively diverse now, so you've got trays of the stuff covered in Biscoff or half an Easter Egg full of Ice Cream so it can seem expensive but generally a good old 99 ain't bad.

Agree particularly with the points about takeaways and especially the big chains. They're atrocious. However, rather than rioting in the streets, as Gooshy suggested, they seem busier than ever, mostly with third-party delivery companies of some sort. 

There are clearly some definable costs that have gone up for them. Any sort of cooking oil is up massively. The cost of fuel fluctuates but is generally increasing. General utilities are up massively for domestic and business. I don't think of too many individual ingredients cost a massive amount more, especially in bulk. I think the increase is all down to the third-party deliveries. Despite the Deliveroos and Just Eats, etc bringing them more orders, all the costs associated with paying them are just added to the price to customers. 

On the flip side, the smaller food businesses and resteraunts,that aren't fast food, seem to be really struggling. The running costs are just so huge for premises that it's near impossible to sell affordable, quality food. 

Posted
1 minute ago, tiger_rick said:

On the flip side, the smaller food businesses and resteraunts,that aren't fast food, seem to be really struggling. The running costs are just so huge for premises that it's near impossible to sell affordable, quality food. 

Definitely seeing this in town a lot. They come and go so quickly. They seem like decent establishments but they struggle so much to get the level of business they need to cover the insane costs these days. It's a real shame. You just get left with the normal Costa, Starbucks, McDonalds blah blah you see absolutely everywhere. I have no idea how many bloody McDonalds drive throughs we've got here but they always seem to be opening a new one so they must be doing alright.

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Loading...
×
×
  • Create New...