DavidB6937 Posted October 28, 2025 Author Posted October 28, 2025 £2 for a game on an air hockey table! Cheeky bastards. And crane machines 3 goes for £1 and even less chance of winning. Robbery all round. Quote
Paid Members Lorne Malvo Posted November 18, 2025 Paid Members Posted November 18, 2025 Was browsing the magazine aisle earlier and saw that Radio Times is £5.50! How on earth is it surviving when TV Choice is 85p? Quote
Members SuperBacon Posted November 18, 2025 Members Posted November 18, 2025 11 minutes ago, Lorne Malvo said: Was browsing the magazine aisle earlier and saw that Radio Times is £5.50! How on earth is it surviving when TV Choice is 85p? I'll buy a Christmas one and don't mind paying that, but that is weekly right? Quote
Paid Members Lorne Malvo Posted November 18, 2025 Paid Members Posted November 18, 2025 3 minutes ago, SuperBacon said: I'll buy a Christmas one and don't mind paying that, but that is weekly right? Yep. Which means there's people out there spending £22 a month on the fucking TV listings! Quote
CTXRussomark Posted November 18, 2025 Posted November 18, 2025 That's absolutely insane. My gran (who was a weekly buyer of RT) has been dead for over a decade now and I remember the Radio Times feeling a bit surplus to requirements even then. I can’t believe it's still running. Quote
Paid Members Carbomb Posted November 19, 2025 Paid Members Posted November 19, 2025 (edited) I probably grew up with a skewed understanding of things, but, because we never got the Radio Times, I came to think of it as the Tory/posho mag (it even looked it, a bit), and the TV Times was the good, proletarian one. (I think it was also because there was still a lot of sneering at TV when I was a kid, and radio was "proper" and dignified - which, to a small child, was signified by it being dull and dry.) Edited November 19, 2025 by Carbomb Paulo Wanchope Quote
simonworden Posted November 19, 2025 Posted November 19, 2025 Genuinely didn't believe that was the price for a list of what's on TV. Absolutely shocking. Who has 400 quid a year spare for that and would those that do spend that. Seems mad like has been said. Quote
Paid Members johnnyboy Posted November 19, 2025 Paid Members Posted November 19, 2025 Much like Playboy, I buy it for the articles. Subscribe and it's under a third of the magazine rack price (Radio Times that is, no idea about PB these days). Quote
Members SuperBacon Posted November 19, 2025 Members Posted November 19, 2025 (edited) 12 hours ago, Carbomb said: probably grew up with a skewed understanding of things, but, because we never got the Radio Times, I came to think of it as the Tory/posho mag (it even looked it, a bit), and the TV Times was the good, proletarian one. Absolutely this, my Nan was a TV Times buyer. I don't ever remember seeing the Radio Times anywhere growing up. Also the newspaper had TV listings in it so my parents would never have bought a separate magazine for them. @johnnyboy edit: Newstand has it at 33 quid an issue!!! Christ. I think I only ever bought one issue and that was the Caprice one and we only got that as we visited Spain with school and no one questioned our age buying it. Edited November 19, 2025 by SuperBacon Hugh Hef for the keff Quote
Paid Members gmoney Posted November 19, 2025 Paid Members Posted November 19, 2025 1 minute ago, SuperBacon said: Also the newspaper had TV listings in it so my parents would never have bought a separate magazine for them. Yeah, same. I've never knowingly had a paid for TV listings mag in the house. Sky used to send their magazine, that was shite. Quote
Paid Members garynysmon Posted November 19, 2025 Paid Members Posted November 19, 2025 I was in Switzerland and Liechtenstein over the weekend. This week back home everything feels cheap as chips in comparison…. Quote
Paid Members seph Posted November 19, 2025 Paid Members Posted November 19, 2025 I'm thinking of buying a 4TB m2 drive straight from WD instead of Amazon (they lost it and I got refunded last year). It's been £345 for months, and it's now £415. Wanna bet it's £345 again in Black Friday? Quote
Rossman Posted November 19, 2025 Posted November 19, 2025 For Radio Times, its usually on offer if you buy multiple copies straight from the supplier. Like on HotUKDeals at the moment. There's 10 issues for £10. https://www.hotukdeals.com/deals/radio-times-10-issues-including-the-christmas-edition-4708035 It usually goes even cheaper than that, when it's X amount of issues for £1. Quote
Paid Members Carbomb Posted November 19, 2025 Paid Members Posted November 19, 2025 (edited) 1 hour ago, seph said: I'm thinking of buying a 4TB m2 drive straight from WD instead of Amazon (they lost it and I got refunded last year). It's been £345 for months, and it's now £415. Wanna bet it's £345 again in Black Friday? What's the advantage of having a hard drive over an SSD? SSDs are massive now - I bought a 64TB one for £12 last month. Edited November 19, 2025 by Carbomb Garrincha Quote
DavidB6937 Posted November 19, 2025 Author Posted November 19, 2025 1 hour ago, Rossman said: For Radio Times, its usually on offer if you buy multiple copies straight from the supplier. Like on HotUKDeals at the moment. There's 10 issues for £10. https://www.hotukdeals.com/deals/radio-times-10-issues-including-the-christmas-edition-4708035 It usually goes even cheaper than that, when it's X amount of issues for £1. I know it's unlikely older people will want it, but the cheapest way is usually Black Friday sales on places like PocketMags. So I think I got a year's worth of TV & Satellite for something like £15-20. I quite like seeing what's coming up, especially random dull documentaries or something. But yeah, no chance I'm paying the print prices. Quote
Recommended Posts
Join the conversation
You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.