Jump to content

Recommended Posts

Posted
3 hours ago, air_raid said:

Pardon??

It's August 1986. Wrestling on PPV was in its infancy. The WWF had only done 2 and only 1 of them got many buys. House shows were the primary source of income for pro wrestling companies. You made your money by selling tickets.

Indeed. My point is that, even in the era of house shows being the main source of income, this was still a phenomenal crowd. We would now think of this as a PPV crowd. 
It shows how hot WWF was in the mid to late 80's. 

  • Paid Members
Posted
3 hours ago, The Reverend said:

It's gems like this (and footage shows that WWF cameras were filming it) that the Vault should be used for. McMahon was such a perfectionist and was obsessed with crowd reactions that I get the impression lots was filmed so he could keep a check on the shows he didn't attend.  I get the feeling that there's lots and lots of house show footage in the archives, and hopefully one day it'll get released on Youtube. There's the match (89 I think) between Perfect and Bret that they both said was better than their 91 SS match which hopefully may see the light of day. 

This one?

@The Reverend

https://www.dailymotion.com/video/xlcjr2

 

  • Paid Members
Posted
On 2/24/2025 at 4:18 PM, The King of Old School said:

Was Wrestlefest 88 a similar deal to The Big Event/Wrestling Classic?

https://prowrestling.fandom.com/wiki/WWF_WrestleFest_1988

Mean Gene introduced the Hogan/Andre cage match on the Hulk Hogan VHS I watched a billion times as being from "WrestleFest - a hot, August night". 

Only now do I discover it was in fact the last day of July. Never trusting wrestling again. 

Posted
17 hours ago, davertfnewman said:

Bizarre that of all the pictures they could pick for Brad Armstrong it's one of him in his Candyman tights.

I thought it was Kenny Omega for a second

  • Paid Members
Posted

The fact that all this is now going on youtube. I'd love to know the value and revenue they get from this content on youtube rather than the 9.99 people were paying and only watching old content etc

I think we'd be quite surprised how much wwe gather from youtube over network 

Posted

I wonder if things have changed as wrestling in general was deemed as advertiser unfriendly not that long ago and payments for views were drastically cut down, it's pretty much what killed off WCPW.

  • Paid Members
Posted
4 minutes ago, TheBurningRed said:

I’m hoping that’s to make it up to everyone after they uploaded Undertaker vs Giant Gonzalez from Mania yesterday.

I think that's just them trolling Taker in the same way they trolled HHH by uploading his shite matches against Scott Steiner. 

1 minute ago, Merzbow said:

I wonder if things have changed as wrestling in general was deemed as advertiser unfriendly not that long ago and payments for views were drastically cut down, it's pretty much what killed off WCPW.

Weight of numbers will make the difference for them where, no disrespect to WCPW they are not going to have the same reach as WWE. 

Posted
1 minute ago, Lion_of_the_Midlands said:

Weight of numbers will make the difference for them where, no disrespect to WCPW they are not going to have the same reach as WWE. 

True, but before the "Adpocalypse" they were doing surprisingly well. Either way, if it was still pre-2017 levels WWE would be making much more from these channels.

  • Paid Members
Posted
3 hours ago, SaitoRyo said:

WWE have started a separate WCW Vault YouTube channel here.

The people demand a La Parka chair shot compilation.

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Loading...
×
×
  • Create New...