Jump to content

Recommended Posts

Posted
Just now, SpykeDudlei1 said:

Creased me that. I was waiting for her to start talking about Mick McManus, Jackie Pallo and Big Daddy so that threw me a little ?

And the lad admits he prefers WWF because they had bigger stars like what the fuck lol

Posted

They had a vote around October 1992 for a vote and top rope rule was removed. A month prior the Light Heavyweight Title was vacanted and never came back until when the Cruiserweight Title was launched. Incredible timing as ever.

Posted

In fairness, we got raw footage, so they probably would've just included the compliments. I'm just surprised how many people don't go with the producer's prompting that Steve Austin (who wasn't on the tour) is a big star, but then the fairly diminished Beautiful Bobby gets praised by a few.

  • Paid Members
Posted (edited)
21 hours ago, Merzbow said:

 

I was there. I'll give thisa watch back when I have more free time. The matches are in a different order than I remember. Vader/Cactus was after Hayes Vs Maxx Payne, and Bulldog/Vegas was the semi main.

Edited by Jazzy G
Posted (edited)
22 minutes ago, Jazzy G said:

I was there. I'll give thisa watch back when I have more free time. The matches are in a different order than I remember. Vader/Cactus was after Hayes Vs Maxx Payne, and Bulldog/Vegas was the semi main.

The way it appears on the video is how it’s listed on the history of WCW website…

https://thehistoryofwwe.com/wcw-results-1993/

 

WCW @ Manchester, England – G-Mex – March 13, 1993 (8,000; sell out)
Johnny B. Badd defeated Scotty Flamingo
Maxx Payne defeated Michael Hayes
Rick Rude defeated Van Hammer; the match was originally to be a tag match with Rude & NWA World Champion Barry Windham vs. Hammer and WCW US Champion Dustin Rhodes but Rhodes was attacked by both Windham and Rude before Hammer made his entrance and was unable to wrestle
WCW Saturday Night – 3/27/93: Davey Boy Smith pinned Vinnie Vegas at 7:58 with the running powerslam after Vegas missed a charge in the corner
Big Van Vader defeated Cactus Jack
WCW World Champion Sting defeated WCW TV Champion Paul Orndorff

Edited by SpykeDudlei1
  • Paid Members
Posted

It was over 30 years ago. I'll happily admit to my memory being a little hazy. 

Posted
22 hours ago, Merzbow said:

 

A real deep cut at the start with the two "Arn Anderson is God" banners. This was the work of Ian Mack from The Wrestling Radio Show who started a campaign to get as many listeners as possible to take "Arn Anderson is god" posters to these shows. I took one to the London show. Arn wasn't on it. 

  • Paid Members
Posted
2 hours ago, SpykeDudlei1 said:

Crazy how time does that to the memory isn’t it? Wasn’t calling you out for being wrong, actually thought you were confident your recollection was right having been there.

I do remember being annoyed that I didn't get to see Dustin because of the attack. My mum was glad she got to see Rick Rude. 

Posted

Unless there was an injury I can’t understand why they would take Dustin & Big Bazza off the show completely (barring that show and go appearance). Apparently they tore the house down in London 2 days earlier in singles.

Posted

You certainly expect them back later in the night in a singles match, but it is strange. Feels like something was up. Maybe one of them had a bad kebab the night before and didn't fancy their chances taking atomic drops and gut shots.

  • Paid Members
Posted

WCW never giving us that one on one Barry vs Dustin clash on a PPV after the team split always bugged me. Especially because you know the matches they were having on the road were probably so good. Think we might have seen more of a feud there if it wasn’t for the fact Flair was coming back and they were gonna go with Flair vs Windham. 

  • Paid Members
Posted
17 hours ago, wandshogun09 said:

WCW never giving us that one on one Barry vs Dustin clash on a PPV after the team split always bugged me. Especially because you know the matches they were having on the road were probably so good. Think we might have seen more of a feud there if it wasn’t for the fact Flair was coming back and they were gonna go with Flair vs Windham. 

At least we got this ;

 

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Loading...
×
×
  • Create New...