Tennessee Moltisanti Posted March 31, 2025 Posted March 31, 2025 18 minutes ago, 2Xtreme_lives said: With that WM2000 clip, I was thinking this is likely the first time anyone had seen Taker post 99 break looking like ABA taker as that wouldnt be seen until that Summer. I wonder if he was testing the water with how people would react to that too He's wearing his Smackdown 2 on PS1 gear as well. Quote
Awards Moderator HarmonicGenerator Posted March 31, 2025 Awards Moderator Posted March 31, 2025 17 minutes ago, RedTwoster said: Talking of banging theme songs, I’d completely forgotten about this - what a tune: Tyler Breeze was tremendous in NXT, it’s such a shame that he came around during the McMahon era, I reckon he’d be getting the kind of exposure the character merited if he arrived on the scene now. They were really high on him in the early part of black and gold NXT. He was their pick to face Jushin Thunder Liger! The gimmick worked really well in NXT and at Takeovers, but it was a classic case of main roster dilution. He never stood much chance looking back. Quote
Paid Members RedTwoster Posted March 31, 2025 Paid Members Posted March 31, 2025 (edited) 2 hours ago, HarmonicGenerator said: They were really high on him in the early part of black and gold NXT. He was their pick to face Jushin Thunder Liger! The gimmick worked really well in NXT and at Takeovers, but it was a classic case of main roster dilution. He never stood much chance looking back. I’m kind of surprised that he didn’t catch on as a solo act even during the McMahon era. The gimmick kind of explains itself, and it seems like it could have been the Santino-like midcard mainstay McMahon typically liked. I suppose he eventually became that in the Fashion Police, but I dunno, I still feel like he was underutilised. Edited March 31, 2025 by RedTwoster Quote
Snitsky's back acne Posted March 31, 2025 Posted March 31, 2025 1 hour ago, RedTwoster said: I’m kind of surprised that he didn’t catch on as a solo act even during the McMahon era. The gimmick kind of explains itself, and it seems like it could have been the Santino-like midcard mainstay McMahon typically liked. I suppose he eventually became that in the Fashion Police, but I dunno, I still feel like he was underutilised. 1 hour ago, RedTwoster said: I’m kind of surprised that he didn’t catch on as a solo act even during the McMahon era. The gimmick kind of explains itself, and it seems like it could have been the Santino-like midcard mainstay McMahon typically liked. I suppose he eventually became that in the Fashion Police, but I dunno, I still feel like he was underutilised. 'Yeah but look how short he is, Vince!' Quote
SaitoRyo Posted April 1, 2025 Posted April 1, 2025 I genuinely sat and thought the other day 'WWE Vault should upload a compilation of WM dark matches, like tags and battle royals and stuff. Actually, they'll probably do that, since it's WM season'. Lo and behold... Quote
Paid Members Onyx2 Posted April 1, 2025 Paid Members Posted April 1, 2025 On 3/31/2025 at 9:39 AM, HarmonicGenerator said: They were really high on him in the early part of black and gold NXT. He was their pick to face Jushin Thunder Liger! The gimmick worked really well in NXT and at Takeovers, but it was a classic case of main roster dilution. He never stood much chance looking back. I seem to recall they showed him in a lot of backstage documentaries and whatever Tough Enough was called then working with a lot of people on promos and technique. I think he's one of those guys like Albert or Chavo, really good at the mentoring aspect but it doesn't quite all come together for himself. Quote
SpykeDudlei1 Posted April 1, 2025 Posted April 1, 2025 UK Rampage 92 from Sheffield added. Including Sid essentially no-selling the post-match Tombstone give or take a couple of seconds…and Dino Bravo without the bleached blonde hair! Quote
FUM Posted April 1, 2025 Posted April 1, 2025 49 minutes ago, Onyx2 said: I seem to recall they showed him in a lot of backstage documentaries and whatever Tough Enough was called then working with a lot of people on promos and technique. I think he's one of those guys like Albert or Chavo, really good at the mentoring aspect but it doesn't quite all come together for himself. He’s a guest trainer for them now every so often so this adds up. The Fashion Police were fantastic for a bit though. Genuine laugh out loud backstage skits. Quote
Chili Posted April 1, 2025 Posted April 1, 2025 The Fashion Police were great because they had a sense of humour completely out of that WWE bubble of funny. Always found Fandango a very funny bloke. Great utility guys who seemed to get naff all in return for being brill. Quote
Paid Members 2Xtreme_lives Posted April 2, 2025 Paid Members Posted April 2, 2025 11 hours ago, SpykeDudlei1 said: UK Rampage 92 from Sheffield added. Including Sid essentially no-selling the post-match Tombstone give or take a couple of seconds…and Dino Bravo without the bleached blonde hair! That Wrestlemania 23 Tag Lumberjack what a random mix that is Helms/Chavo vs Flair/Carlito (a tag team i have no memory of) surrounded by the oddest mix of people from Balls Mahoney, Snitsky to Funaki Quote
Paid Members tiger_rick Posted April 2, 2025 Paid Members Posted April 2, 2025 Whoever added this should be fired into the sun or made to work for TNA. Quote
The Reverend Posted April 4, 2025 Posted April 4, 2025 I am liking the WCW Vault channel as well - easy to have these cherry picked moments particularly from the TV shows. Hopefully they'll do 'Another' vault channel with choice moments from the various regional territories and indies they have footage of. Quote
Chili Posted April 4, 2025 Posted April 4, 2025 Something to wash the taste from that HHH/Rollins video @tiger_rick mentioned. Mmm mmm, drink it in! Quote
CTXRussomark Posted April 4, 2025 Posted April 4, 2025 1 hour ago, Chili said: Something to wash the taste from that HHH/Rollins video @tiger_rick mentioned. Mmm mmm, drink it in! Is that Francine at 7:08? What the hell was Davey playing at? ? Quote
boshealecta Posted April 4, 2025 Posted April 4, 2025 1 hour ago, Chili said: Something to wash the taste from that HHH/Rollins video @tiger_rick mentioned. Mmm mmm, drink it in! Nothing worse than to be slammed and jammed. So true Warrior Quote
Recommended Posts
Join the conversation
You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.