WyattSheepMask Posted March 7, 2025 Posted March 7, 2025 1 hour ago, wordsfromlee said: I think it was done to fill time while they fixed the ring after the infamous clip of it collapsing when all those fans got in the ring after a Gangstas vs Public Enemy match. That match wasn’t at the ECW Arena was it? Quote
TibBo Posted March 7, 2025 Posted March 7, 2025 I think it was Hardcore Haven 96 when the ropes broke before Sabu vs RVD Quote
Paid Members JNLister Posted March 7, 2025 Paid Members Posted March 7, 2025 1 hour ago, TibBo said: I think it was Hardcore Haven 96 when the ropes broke before Sabu vs RVD That's correct. It took an hour to fix the ring (and the show had previously had a 20-minute break to fix a microphone, so the main event started past midnight, Quote
SwayWays Posted March 8, 2025 Posted March 8, 2025 On 2/17/2025 at 2:27 AM, CleetusVanDamme said: That was them just warming up, look at this one! Jeez I have never seen this spot before, definitely viewing him in a different light now. Wow. No idea the extent of his athletic ability. Quote
Paid Members Jazzy G Posted March 8, 2025 Paid Members Posted March 8, 2025 I see the WCW vault has arrived. Hopefully some old Fall Brawls and proper War Games matches will be on there soon. Quote
Snitsky's back acne Posted March 8, 2025 Posted March 8, 2025 11 hours ago, WyattSheepMask said: That match wasn’t at the ECW Arena was it? No it was in Tampa Florida. Quote
Dai Posted March 8, 2025 Posted March 8, 2025 I find it intersting that despite there already being a few official uploads of Hogans heel turn and Goldbergs title win on their main channels, they are still by far the most watched things on the new WCW page from the last day. Some of those moments that people just can't get enough of, I guess. Similar to how the WWE Vault put up the Mankind/Taker Cell match and it still got massive views. They've put the proper Goldberg music on the title win, yet in the multi man tag match they've uploaded where Hogan comes back in his Red and Yellow, theyve dubbed it over. Very strange. Quote
Chili Posted March 8, 2025 Posted March 8, 2025 1 hour ago, Dai said: I find it intersting that despite there already being a few official uploads of Hogans heel turn and Goldbergs title win on their main channels, they are still by far the most watched things on the new WCW page from the last day. Some of those moments that people just can't get enough of, I guess. Similar to how the WWE Vault put up the Mankind/Taker Cell match and it still got massive views. They've put the proper Goldberg music on the title win, yet in the multi man tag match they've uploaded where Hogan comes back in his Red and Yellow, theyve dubbed it over. Very strange. Goldberg's title win is worth for hearing Bobby Heenan's last great performance as a commentator that wasn't the Gimmick Battle Royal. The last time he tried earning his wages that night. He's incredible. Quote
davertfnewman Posted March 8, 2025 Posted March 8, 2025 18 minutes ago, Chili said: Goldberg's title win is worth for hearing Bobby Heenan's last great performance as a commentator that wasn't the Gimmick Battle Royal. The last time he tried earning his wages that night. He's incredible. Made up for it plus some with his Hall of Fame speech and doing the shoot interview circuit until the illness overtook him. Quote
Paid Members Devon Malcolm Posted March 8, 2025 Author Paid Members Posted March 8, 2025 Years of Bobby being anti-Hogan on commentary went into his calls in that match. He told his own story even better than the match's. Quote
CDM Posted March 8, 2025 Posted March 8, 2025 A bit of topic but netflix is showing over the edge 1999. Isn't that a bit distasteful? Quote
Paid Members TheBurningRed Posted March 8, 2025 Paid Members Posted March 8, 2025 4 minutes ago, CDM said: A bit of topic but netflix is showing over the edge 1999. Isn't that a bit distasteful? The Network had it. Distasteful if they keep in JR and Lawler talking about what happened. Every Benoit match on ppv is on there. With commentary included where they heap praise on him. What you gonna do? Quote
WyattSheepMask Posted March 8, 2025 Posted March 8, 2025 (edited) 24 minutes ago, TheBurningRed said: The Network had it. Distasteful if they keep in JR and Lawler talking about what happened. I picked up my 1999 rewatch recently and watched the PPV, there’s no mention of anything to do with Owen in it from what I could tell. Road Dogg has a promo and I can remember he saying something along the lines of “Owen, we’re rooting for you”, and they cut to his promo after that part. It’s weird watching it back. I’ve not seen the show since it occurred but I can quite vividly remember them sending Jeff Jarrett and Debra out there for their to continue the show. There’s a difference in the crowd, but not as much as what you’d expect, there are still plenty of people there just watching the show unfold. The main event of Undertaker vs Steve Austin has a very clear “let’s just get this over with” feeling to the whole thing, which is completely understandable Edited March 8, 2025 by WyattSheepMask Quote
Chili Posted March 8, 2025 Posted March 8, 2025 I've never really had an issue personally with OTE 99 being up in the edited format it is, many other events in other sports etc which tragedies involved have been released in a filtered format so I don't see it any different. I've barely ever watched it though because it just doesn't really interest me and there just is THAT feel looming around it. I'm similar with stuff like old motor races, especially Imola 94 with Ayrton Senna's accident. Quote
Recommended Posts
Join the conversation
You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.