Chili Posted February 11, 2025 Posted February 11, 2025 Somebody call @CleetusVanDamme's Mama!!! Quote
Paid Members CleetusVanDamme Posted February 11, 2025 Paid Members Posted February 11, 2025 (edited) "I've been kicking people all over the world. When I came out, the doctor smacked me and I kicked him too!" He's not even trying and he's still putting most wrestlers smack talk to shame! Hopefully this leads to the Holy Grail, Miller vs Smiley 2003 getting uploaded. Edited February 11, 2025 by CleetusVanDamme Quote
Chili Posted February 11, 2025 Posted February 11, 2025 5 minutes ago, CleetusVanDamme said: "I've been kicking people all over the world. When I came out, the doctor smacked me and I kicked him too!" He's not even trying and he's still putting most wrestlers smack talk to shame! Hopefully this leads to the Holy Grail, Miller vs Smiley 2003 getting uploaded. I was recently watching the WCW episode where he's getting interviewed by Mean Gene and they have this beautiful exchange. Quote
Paid Members wandshogun09 Posted February 16, 2025 Paid Members Posted February 16, 2025 Speaking of that match, I saw this on Twitter earlier… Always wondered why the poster had Sid and Shawn instead of Undertaker and Vader. Obviously that Royal Rumble to WrestleMania period in 97 was all up in the air and we know the plan at some point was Bret vs Shawn at Mania 13. So I wonder if these four were the original plan for this ‘Final Four’ match. The poster suggests that but it doesn’t tie in with how the match we eventually got came about, with it being Austin and the three guys he “illegally eliminated” at the Rumble. I love that mad few months of WWF TV though. Complete shambles but it made for wildly entertaining viewing. The match itself is ace as well. Vader’s finest hour in the WWF. Quote
Paid Members Devon Malcolm Posted February 16, 2025 Author Paid Members Posted February 16, 2025 Love that match. Just a long, mad, stiff fight. One I can watch over and over again. Quote
Chili Posted February 16, 2025 Posted February 16, 2025 (edited) 27 minutes ago, Devon Malcolm said: Love that match. Just a long, mad, stiff fight. One I can watch over and over again. I like the extremely watchable but almost unorganized chaos of it. Everything looks rough as dogs but in a GREAT way. As said easily Vader's greatest WWF moment beyond, squashing Gorilla Monsoon, that One Night Only match with Owen, and that time he nearly took Ken Shamrock's head clean off. Love how when he gets busted open it actually makes his performance more intense and he starts just throwing bombs all over the place and chucks the stairs and shit. Brilliant, BRILLIANT match. @wandshogun09at a guess, unless the poster is just random, I suppose you could have said Sid demanded a rematch and because Austin cheated and Bret was runner up they'd both get a shot too. Dunno, trying to untangle those few months of WWF is a silly Idea. Edited February 16, 2025 by Chili Quote
Members SuperBacon Posted February 16, 2025 Members Posted February 16, 2025 1 hour ago, Devon Malcolm said: Love that match. Just a long, mad, stiff fight. One I can watch over and over again. Watched it recently. Just an absolutely brilliant match and everyone is hugely over. Quote
Paid Members CleetusVanDamme Posted February 16, 2025 Paid Members Posted February 16, 2025 I'll always vividly remember walking into a shop as an eight/nine year old, picking up a magazine that had "censored: explicit content"-ish packaging around it and buying it without anyone batting an eyelid. Inside it was the Raw magazine with Vader's face from that match! I never actually saw the match until much later. It lived up to the iconic image though. Quote
Olly1984 Posted February 17, 2025 Posted February 17, 2025 On 2/11/2025 at 8:32 PM, Chili said: Somebody call @CleetusVanDamme's Mama!!! He wasn't lying when he said Mortos made him there, what a fucking kick and as usual Kanyon made it look even better selling it like a champ! We need more Ernest Millers in the world!! Quote
Paid Members CleetusVanDamme Posted February 17, 2025 Paid Members Posted February 17, 2025 46 minutes ago, Olly1984 said: what a fucking kick and as usual Kanyon made it look even better selling it like a champ! That was them just warming up, look at this one! Quote
Paid Members tiger_rick Posted February 17, 2025 Paid Members Posted February 17, 2025 18 hours ago, wandshogun09 said: Always wondered why the poster had Sid and Shawn instead of Undertaker and Vader. Obviously that Royal Rumble to WrestleMania period in 97 was all up in the air and we know the plan at some point was Bret vs Shawn at Mania 13. So I wonder if these four were the original plan for this ‘Final Four’ match. The poster suggests that but it doesn’t tie in with how the match we eventually got came about, with it being Austin and the three guys he “illegally eliminated” at the Rumble. I love that mad few months of WWF TV though. Complete shambles but it made for wildly entertaining viewing. The match itself is ace as well. Vader’s finest hour in the WWF. There's great stuff from around the time in John Lister's Slamathology books from his travelogues around the US watching wrestling in 96 and 97. He was at the PPV. The match is the best multi-man in history. ECW popularised it but theirs are shit and don't hold up. Modern stuff is just appallingly constructed and can't possibly succeed to this degree. This is four guys beating the shit out of each other. The match is genius too because three top guys don't have to eat pins. Quote
Paid Members Chris B Posted February 17, 2025 Paid Members Posted February 17, 2025 15 hours ago, CleetusVanDamme said: I never actually saw the match until much later. It lived up to the iconic image though. Anyone have any idea what 'Vader, Bloody Vader" is referencing? Feels like it's a pun or a play on something famous, but I can't place it. Quote
WyattSheepMask Posted February 17, 2025 Posted February 17, 2025 Just now, Chris B said: Anyone have any idea what 'Vader, Bloody Vader" is referencing? Feels like it's a pun or a play on something famous, but I can't place it. The only thing that immediately jumps to mind would be Sunday Bloody Sunday. Really encapsulates the frustration of a Sunday- you wake up in the morning, you’ve got to read all the Sunday papers, the kids are running round, you’ve got to mow the lawn, wash the car and you think “Sunday, Bloody Sunday!” Quote
Chili Posted February 17, 2025 Posted February 17, 2025 (edited) It's a parody of Alan Partridge saying Sunday, Bloody Sunday as @WyattSheepMask pointed out. Vince was known to say Vader, Bloody Vader whenever he got negative updates about his management enforced weight loss. Edited February 17, 2025 by Chili Quote
Recommended Posts
Join the conversation
You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.