Paid Members tiger_rick Posted January 20, 2025 Paid Members Posted January 20, 2025 Don't tell me a UKFF'er isn't in charge of this channel. Quote
Browser Brady Posted January 21, 2025 Posted January 21, 2025 On 1/20/2025 at 3:09 PM, tiger_rick said: Don't tell me a UKFF'er isn't in charge of this channel. Some guy, somewhere has his dream job.. Quote
Merzbow Posted January 24, 2025 Posted January 24, 2025 It's not the Kudome Valentine or the Cop Killa, it's... I'm going to assume it's an auto-subtitle thing on Youtube's side but still, that has to be a move now. Quote
Paid Members Onyx2 Posted January 25, 2025 Paid Members Posted January 25, 2025 (edited) Excellent edit of the 2020 Rumble, with different camera angles and nipping out a lot of the stalling. I seem to remember this was when they were obsessed with showing crowd reactions, and missed things like Spoiler Edge's return . All fixed in this edit. Great watch. Edited January 25, 2025 by Onyx2 Quote
Olly1984 Posted January 26, 2025 Posted January 26, 2025 5 hours ago, Onyx2 said: Excellent edit of the 2020 Rumble, with different camera angles and nipping out a lot of the stalling. I seem to remember this was when they were obsessed with showing crowd reactions, and missed things like Hide contents Edge's return . All fixed in this edit. Great watch. Great little watch. Great to see the proper Edge entrance and him proper mullering Ziggler with a spear, Lesnar dancing to MVP's music and the crowd losing there shit when Drew clobbers him with the Claymore. And it didn't give you a fucking headache with the spamming camera cuts so thumbs up. Quote
Chili Posted January 26, 2025 Posted January 26, 2025 One of my favourite Rumble matches was this edition. Also, the Drew Carey bit is a great bit of silly business. Quote
WyattSheepMask Posted January 26, 2025 Posted January 26, 2025 (edited) On 1/25/2025 at 6:55 PM, Onyx2 said: Excellent edit of the 2020 Rumble, with different camera angles and nipping out a lot of the stalling. I seem to remember this was when they were obsessed with showing crowd reactions, and missed things like Reveal hidden contents Edge's return . All fixed in this edit. Great watch. Brock was brilliant in that Rumble. It’s mad to think that for a minute or so, Bobby Roode got to share the ring with him. The most he got in was a boot up in the corner which is as much as he deserved as Roode was right down the totem pole at the time, made all the better that John Morrison wasn’t even given that much. Brock wasn’t having any of his shit. Ricochet had an entire PPV match with Brock and didn’t even get as much in as Roode got there. Keith Lee - that’s a hell of a “What Could’ve Been?” discussion to be had had he stayed heathy and was still around in post-Vince WWE. Such an incredible pop for Edge’s return. Genuinely one of the last proper surprise moments Edited January 26, 2025 by WyattSheepMask Quote
Merzbow Posted January 27, 2025 Posted January 27, 2025 (edited) I'm watching Royal Rumble 2002 which was somehow just added to the normal WWE channel instead of the Vault, I think it's unedited as the old scratch logo is still there and Taker came out to Limp Bizkit. I might just not have noticed it before but have they completely stopped blurring that old logo now? Edit: pretty sure they dubbed over Maven's music, weird. Edited January 27, 2025 by Merzbow Quote
The Dart Posted January 27, 2025 Posted January 27, 2025 28 minutes ago, Merzbow said: I'm watching Royal Rumble 2002 which was somehow just added to the normal WWE channel instead of the Vault, I think it's unedited as the old scratch logo is still there and Taker came out to Limp Bizkit. I might just not have noticed it before but have they completely stopped blurring that old logo now? Edit: pretty sure they dubbed over Maven's music, weird. Undertaker had stopped using Limp Bizkit by then I thought, but perhaps not. Maven's music's always dubbed over. With the logo, I think an agreement was made that if they are just showing archive material in full, they don't have to blur it - so uploading the entire match is OK. But if clips of it are used in a new documentary, they have to blur it as that is considered new material. Silly really. Quote
Merzbow Posted January 27, 2025 Posted January 27, 2025 18 minutes ago, The Dart said: Undertaker had stopped using Limp Bizkit by then I thought, but perhaps not. I think it was around the time he fought Hogan is when it changed, so later in the year. Quote
Sphinx Posted January 27, 2025 Posted January 27, 2025 1 hour ago, The Dart said: Undertaker had stopped using Limp Bizkit by then I thought You've done it now, you've gone and made a big mistake. Quote
TheScarlettChad Posted January 27, 2025 Posted January 27, 2025 Mr Perfect was in great shape for his surprise return. Shame how his run and life ended. Quote
Chili Posted January 27, 2025 Posted January 27, 2025 1 hour ago, TheScarlettChad said: Mr Perfect was in great shape for his surprise return. Shame how his run and life ended. I'd say that's down to interpretation. I think he doesn't look amazing, I mean he looks better than I'll ever do, but he's a bit big, back on the gas probably and looks a bit waterlogged. I absolutely love Curt Hennig and that Rumble performance while great, I always thought was a bit of a slight of hand trick. He doesn't actually look that great, but I think it's the awesome novelty of seeing Mr. Perfect in there with Austin, Angle, Triple H, RVD etc. The rest of his 2002 run and TNA work after says a lot about it. He was a bit washed, or going through a very rough patch. It sucks to say it, but he wasn't 'perfect' for a long time in my opinion and I reckon his last great run is that West Texas Redneck angle purely down to how much he himself is clearly loving that angle. Quote
TheScarlettChad Posted January 27, 2025 Posted January 27, 2025 True, It probably was the novelty of seeing Hennig back in WWF working with the stars of that era. That run was so bad, He worked Austin once, on a RAW. They didn't even have him job to Lesnar, Which was a no brainer. Quote
Chili Posted January 27, 2025 Posted January 27, 2025 1 minute ago, TheScarlettChad said: True, It probably was the novelty of seeing Hennig back in WWF working with the stars of that era. That run was so bad, He worked Austin once, on a RAW. They didn't even have him job to Lesnar, Which was a no brainer. I think there was always a disconnect between what Vince and co brought back to do, what he thought he himself would be back to do, and what thought he'd be back to do. It's a credit to Hennig that he rightly had that cache and whilst a star of another era, he didn't look dated as his look was always pretty timeless. The harsh truth is that Kurt Angle match everyone wanted would have just been ok. Quote
Recommended Posts
Join the conversation
You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.