The Gaffer Posted January 29, 2025 Posted January 29, 2025 A WCW channel would be a dream. I'd love to say I'm in two minds about this Vault Vs. Network thing - because I know that so far it's still absolute crumbs compared to the all-important availability of the previous historical archive - but given the Network was a pile of shite for years and years and I don't want to give them money, these channels are currently my favourite ever way to watch archive content. I even like being hamstrung for choice. I'd spend ages picking a Network show only to dump it once whatever I was eating was finished. I can't wait to see whatever ancient 'Rumble match they upload next. Because I'm going to have to watch it, because they put it up. Quote
Paid Members tiger_rick Posted January 30, 2025 Paid Members Posted January 30, 2025 My first complaint about the Vault. Watched the 1993 Royal Rumble that they put up and someone has put up a version where all the "WWF" mentions are muted. I thought we were passed that? Plus late in the match, Heenan says "WWF" and they didn't mute it. Annoying. Quote
Chili Posted January 30, 2025 Posted January 30, 2025 Nope. Also uploading the October 90 SNME, then a few days ago randomly uploading Macho King/Dusty from the same show again. DO BETTER AND POST THE RARE SHIT!!!! Quote
wordsfromlee Posted January 30, 2025 Posted January 30, 2025 1 hour ago, tiger_rick said: My first complaint about the Vault. Watched the 1993 Royal Rumble that they put up and someone has put up a version where all the "WWF" mentions are muted. I thought we were passed that? Plus late in the match, Heenan says "WWF" and they didn't mute it. Annoying. They muted it on the replay when Jesse Ventura accidentally said it on SNME the other week. Well, they only muted the ‘F’ part. Quote
Paid Members Your Fight Site Posted January 30, 2025 Paid Members Posted January 30, 2025 2 hours ago, tiger_rick said: My first complaint about the Vault. Watched the 1993 Royal Rumble that they put up and someone has put up a version where all the "WWF" mentions are muted. I thought we were passed that? Plus late in the match, Heenan says "WWF" and they didn't mute it. Annoying. Was always a treat watching some WCW stuff on the Network (RIP), where a wrestler may have made multiple appearances during a single episode and their music was dubbed the first time, but neglected the second time. Quote
TheScarlettChad Posted January 30, 2025 Posted January 30, 2025 1 hour ago, Chili said: Nope. Also uploading the October 90 SNME, then a few days ago randomly uploading Macho King/Dusty from the same show again. DO BETTER AND POST THE RARE SHIT!!!! It's been thirteen years since Cena refused to... EMBRACE THE HATE? Scary. Quote
Paid Members Devon Malcolm Posted January 30, 2025 Author Paid Members Posted January 30, 2025 I really liked that Cena Vs Kane feud. It was gloriously stupid, plus Zack Ryder got pushed off the stage in his wheelchair, what more could you want. Quote
Merzbow Posted January 30, 2025 Posted January 30, 2025 (edited) 7 hours ago, tiger_rick said: My first complaint about the Vault. Watched the 1993 Royal Rumble that they put up and someone has put up a version where all the "WWF" mentions are muted. I thought we were passed that? Plus late in the match, Heenan says "WWF" and they didn't mute it. Annoying. They weirdly dubbed over Flair's old WWF theme, too. I actually prefer that Jim Johnston rip-off one they made in 1991 until went back to WCW. Edited January 30, 2025 by Merzbow Quote
Paid Members 2Xtreme_lives Posted January 30, 2025 Paid Members Posted January 30, 2025 On 1/29/2025 at 5:44 PM, The Gaffer said: A WCW channel would be a dream. I'd love to say I'm in two minds about this Vault Vs. Network thing - because I know that so far it's still absolute crumbs compared to the all-important availability of the previous historical archive - but given the Network was a pile of shite for years and years and I don't want to give them money, these channels are currently my favourite ever way to watch archive content. I even like being hamstrung for choice. I'd spend ages picking a Network show only to dump it once whatever I was eating was finished. I can't wait to see whatever ancient 'Rumble match they upload next. Because I'm going to have to watch it, because they put it up. I think the good thing with the vault is that its quality over quantity at the moment too, so whereas i found with the network i often didnt know what to watch archive wise and option went and watched the same things over. At least with the vault its so random everything in that vacuum is worth while so far Having ad free youtube helps massively too! Quote
Paid Members air_raid Posted January 31, 2025 Paid Members Posted January 31, 2025 20 hours ago, Devon Malcolm said: I really liked that Cena Vs Kane feud. It was gloriously stupid, plus Zack Ryder got pushed off the stage in his wheelchair, what more could you want. Unfortunately for baffling reasons it meant that when Cena and Kane wrestled at the Rumble, neither returned for the Rumble itself, which was the worst field ever. Totally star deprived, you could only really imagine either Sheamus or Y2J winning. Dogshit. Quote
Paid Members tiger_rick Posted January 31, 2025 Paid Members Posted January 31, 2025 Whoever sat and made a compilation of them exploiting Eddie Guerrero's death through the medium of Rey Mysterio should be sacked, once they've completed therapy. Can't think of much worse content the company have ever put out. Quote
Chili Posted January 31, 2025 Posted January 31, 2025 56 minutes ago, tiger_rick said: Whoever sat and made a compilation of them exploiting Eddie Guerrero's death through the medium of Rey Mysterio should be sacked, once they've completed therapy. Can't think of much worse content the company have ever put out. Probably Eddie *looks up at the sky and pulls a oh you got me face* Quote
Paid Members Callum1993 Posted January 31, 2025 Paid Members Posted January 31, 2025 1 hour ago, air_raid said: Unfortunately for baffling reasons it meant that when Cena and Kane wrestled at the Rumble, neither returned for the Rumble itself, which was the worst field ever. Totally star deprived, you could only really imagine either Sheamus or Y2J winning. Dogshit. But also they then had Big Show unannounced as Number 30 in the Rumble despite him losing in a Cage Match earlier in the show. Can remember being really excited to see who Number 30 would be given how lacking the Rumble had been in stars then instead we got WELLLLLLLLLLLL for the second time of the night ? Quote
SaitoRyo Posted January 31, 2025 Posted January 31, 2025 1 hour ago, air_raid said: Unfortunately for baffling reasons it meant that when Cena and Kane wrestled at the Rumble, neither returned for the Rumble itself, which was the worst field ever. Totally star deprived, you could only really imagine either Sheamus or Y2J winning. Dogshit. Watched this the other night and, yeah, it's one of the worst Rumbles I can remember seeing. As you mentioned, there was a total lack of star power and the thin roster had to be helped out by the three announcers all entering the match. You also had silly shite like Santino and Foley doing Socko versus Cobra and The Miz being the match's ironman. At least the closing stretch with Jericho and Sheamus was decent. Quote
TheScarlettChad Posted January 31, 2025 Posted January 31, 2025 And then you had Ricardo doing a comedy spot. Y2J's return was killed when he didn't win the damn Rumble. It was RIGHT THERE. Dark days in that company back then. Quote
Recommended Posts
Join the conversation
You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.