Vamp Posted January 3, 2025 Posted January 3, 2025 I remember liking their Taboo Tuesday match but I haven't watched it in years. The irony was that it was interesting because they were limited and used that to tell a particular story and I don't think it'd have been half as interesting otherwise. Quote
Paid Members air_raid Posted January 3, 2025 Paid Members Posted January 3, 2025 1 hour ago, Vamp said: The irony was that it was interesting because they were limited and used that to tell a particular story and I don't think it'd have been half as interesting otherwise. Bingo. It would stand up as a great work of storytelling but even at the time, it was a tough watch for me on account of knowing Shawn was actually injured and needed surgery. Quote
Paid Members wandshogun09 Posted January 3, 2025 Paid Members Posted January 3, 2025 (edited) Yeah I think the positive spin on that match is mostly because it was at least something different to their usual match with their usual spots and sequences. They were forced to change it up. I get that but I still don’t recall particularly enjoying it. I remember groaning when the results of the vote for Triple H’s opponent came in and it was Shawn. Remember thinking that if anything confirmed the whole ‘fans decide the matches’ thing was a work, it was that. Because I couldn’t fathom how anyone could actually wanna see more Triple H vs Shawn Michaels by late 2004. I think I wanted Edge to get the vote just because him vs Triple H felt relatively fresh compared to the Shawn and Benoit options, which had both been done to death that year. Edited January 3, 2025 by wandshogun09 Quote
Chili Posted January 3, 2025 Posted January 3, 2025 The raw match and the Taboo Tuesday bout are the only good matches they ever had, you might as well burn the rest. Quote
TheScarlettChad Posted January 3, 2025 Posted January 3, 2025 2 minutes ago, Chili said: The raw match and the Taboo Tuesday bout are the only good matches they ever had, you might as well burn the rest. SummerSlam 2002 would like a word Quote
Chili Posted January 3, 2025 Posted January 3, 2025 1 hour ago, TheScarlettChad said: SummerSlam 2002 would like a word Appears it would. Completely forgot about it's existence. Quote
davertfnewman Posted January 3, 2025 Posted January 3, 2025 I'd say Shawn's return match was the best because it was the one you could get into most easily, because everyone knew he was done because of the back injury, so anything he took to the back was more dramatic. Quote
Snitsky's back acne Posted January 3, 2025 Posted January 3, 2025 3 hours ago, TheScarlettChad said: SummerSlam 2002 would like a word Yeah, first one that came to mind. I went in with low expectations due to Shawn's injury and him saying in the lead up "I cant be the Showstopper anymore" and they blew it out of the water, Really good PPV overall if I remember rightly. Quote
Paid Members Devon Malcolm Posted January 3, 2025 Author Paid Members Posted January 3, 2025 I don't have the encylopaedic knowledge like all you nutters have for which events matches took place at but it's a testament to how brilliant that match is that I always remember it was from Summerslam 2002. It might make my top 10 of all time. Quote
Paid Members Lorne Malvo Posted January 3, 2025 Paid Members Posted January 3, 2025 SummerSlam 2002 also had one of the best PPV openers of all time in Rey Mysterio vs Kurt Angle. Absolutely incredible sub-10 minute match that. It's a great PPV on the whole really. Brock/Rock, RVD/Benoit and Edge/Eddie all on the card too (although from memory RVD/Benoit was a bit of a letdown). Quote
Olly1984 Posted January 3, 2025 Posted January 3, 2025 1 hour ago, Snitsky's back acne said: Yeah, first one that came to mind. I went in with low expectations due to Shawn's injury and him saying in the lead up "I cant be the Showstopper anymore" and they blew it out of the water, Really good PPV overall if I remember rightly. Also JR makes the match even greater with his reactions to HHH attacking the back. Also at the end his words are etched into my memory. After HHH attacks with the sledgehammer he says" Do you have no conscience, do you have no heart, do you have no soul you sonofabitch, do you realise what you've done!! ". Superb Quote
Paid Members Devon Malcolm Posted January 3, 2025 Author Paid Members Posted January 3, 2025 I really need that Royal Rumble pinball table (2:50). Quote
Paid Members 2Xtreme_lives Posted January 3, 2025 Paid Members Posted January 3, 2025 (edited) Random thought is the helicopter in this clip used as different angles for Hollywood rocks trons etc? Edited January 5, 2025 by 2Xtreme_lives Quote
davertfnewman Posted January 3, 2025 Posted January 3, 2025 31 minutes ago, 2Xtreme_lives said: Ransom thought is the helicopter in this clip used as different angles for Hollywood rocks trons etc? I believe so, they have a bank of stock footage like that for things like the DX video too. Quote
FUM Posted January 4, 2025 Posted January 4, 2025 6 hours ago, Lorne Malvo said: Absolutely incredible sub-10 minute match that. Is there a thread on these? I feel like I remember one but, if not, there should be. I live for the sub-10 minute match. Quote
Recommended Posts
Join the conversation
You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.